Abbrevs

vbimport

Do you know (technological) abbreviations that mankind seems to have forgotten? Or did you ever wondered what the hell (old?) people were talking about back in those days? Educate us!

Anyone remember RLL and MFM? :slight_smile:

Whippersnapper
W-White
H-Horny
I-Ignorant
P-People
P-Persistantly
E-Eat
R-Relish
S-So
N-No-one
A-Around
P-Pretends
P-People
E-Even
R-Remember
:bigsmile: Did that make any sense?

BDSM…oh wait…you wanted tech terms… :slight_smile:

XOXOXOXO -hugs and kisses

RTFM Read The F------ Manual A gentle suggestion to users who ask questions they could have answered themselves with a little research

$0.02 Throwing in your two cents’ worth.

WOFTAM = Waste of f*****g time and money
DCM = Don’t come Monday! (Your Fired!)
MT = Empty (What we had to write in chalk on OXY or Accetylene Cylinders as soon as they were empty)
US = Official term (originating in Military) that was branded on items that were beyond economical repair. We knew it as meaning “Up to Sh*T”.
“Cactus” was a verbal term (used in Australia at least) that meant the same as US.
These are a few that come to mind, but I don’t know if these were the sort of thing you were looking for? I’ll post more if and when I think of them.

My wife subscribes to a Crafts List and I often read some of the Posts. Most of the participants are Women and when they refer to their husbands they use the abbreviation DH. I was flabbergasted to see all all these women refering to their husbands as Dick Heads :o … only to discover they actually meant Dear Hubby :bigsmile: