AACS_LA increases pressure on AnyDVD HD

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: AACS_LA increases pressure on AnyDVD HD[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/02/acms_logo.gif[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/aacs_la-increase-pressure-on-anydvd-hd-78584/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Nothing like the US govt telling other countries “DO IT OUR WAY OR ELSE”… Â BULLIES

[B]Reading this case and I find it exactly the same as saying ‘Guns kill people’ which is false. A gun is nothing but mechanical parts and metal and does nothing on its own. It is people with access to guns that may kill people.[/B]

In this case ‘The Gun’ is AnyDVDHD which, just like a gun does nothing on its own.
In Norway, it helps to create a copy of the movie on the harddisk or other media for the DVDs you have bought which by the way, you are entitled to under Norwegian law.

The association and the movie studios they represent see it differently of course, and if they can undercut Slysoft, they would regard it as a major blow against piracy.
What kinda stupid inbreed thinking is this? Do they think this will scare pirates and pirates sites away-whom by the way have nothing to do with Slysoft? Slysoft is a legit company as opposed to pirates. Those lobbyist or vampires forgot the Fair Use ruling.

Wasting their time again and not updating their business model to adapt to the times. That small island could give a crap and was forced to take action. I do believe we still have the right to make backups of anything we legally own but politicians only care about who pays the most and its not us.
The cell phone company’s kept lying that nobody could listen to your conversations, then paid a truckload of money to make it illegal to listen on a scanner, then more to get the bands taken out, and more yet to make it illegal to modify them to receive the channels again.
Finally all the phone stuff is digital and encrypted but the stupid laws are still on the books becuase they were too lazy to protect the data when they first came out.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2768362]I do believe we still have the right to make backups of anything we legally own but politicians only care about who pays the most and its not us.[/QUOTE]

• Usually, combined, we are the ones who pay most by far… :wink:

I don’t understand. Why is it illegal to make a fair use backup of (for your own personal use, not anyone else’s) a movie you paid for a retail copy of? The content owner has still made their money from the sale so why is it a big deal? Sue the people that upload the stuff to torrent sites and make it available to those who didn’t pay for a retail copy. Leave the rest of us alone who paid for ours and just want to freely use the content.

[QUOTE=hogger129;2768407]I don’t understand. Why is it illegal to make a fair use backup of (for your own personal use, not anyone else’s) a movie you paid for a retail copy of?[/QUOTE]In the United States, circumventing anti-copying (or “technical protection measures”, as the law itself says) technologies is illegal under section 1201 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (in America, this law has been applied to anything even vaguely DRM-like, including areas that traditionally have had [B]nothing[/B] to do with copyright). The courts, for what ever reason, have ruled that this particular section of the DMCA is not subject to fair use, therefore, anything that’s copy-protected does not come with the legal freedoms of fair use.

I would assume that most other countries have similar laws. Those countries that have fair use most likely don’t permit DRM circumvention either, not even for purposes that would otherwise count as fair use.

If you don’t like this, please please please write to your various governments about this. Tell them to strengthen fair use by allowing your countries’ peoples to make fair use copies of DRM-restricted works. Please do so, your governments need to hear from you. Pretty please?

PS: Or you could simply encourage your governments to nix anti-circumvention laws altogether, although no government in the world will have enough common sense to do so. But, it might be worth a try.

@ TSJnachos117,

Since you’re a Linux adept who really doesn’t like windows OS or software,can you show us other open source Linux alternatives,besides MakeMKV?
I’m willing to learn…:bigsmile: