A4 series and CDs writing quality

vbimport

Some users are disappointed about the CDs writing quality of the A4 series.
After the improvements of the A1 series (thanks to Wind and edwin12355 :flower:), I’ve checked the situation of the A4 series through a DH-20A4H that I’ve bought for one friend of mine.
I’ve burned all discs at 16x, that is the lower speed available, because I think it’s the preferred speed for audio CDs. In case of problems I’ve burned another disc at 48x, to see the difference, and another one with my DH-20A3H. I’ve many friends that choose the lower speed available to burn their audio CDs (also 4x or 8x) because they believe jitter is the lowest. Sometimes this is not true because writing strategies are better optimized at high speed. :frowning:
In this cases the result is that the disc not play in the home/car cd player (see this thread).
I’m very happy of the CDs writing quality of my DH-20A3H. I think it’s the best LiteOn CDs (DVDs) burner of all. :cool:

The first disc I’ve burned is a FUJIFILM 52x (Plasmon) @ 16x
No problem here.

Verbatim 52x (CMC) - Made in China

As the A1 series, very high jitter @16x. Better @48x but still not good.
The third picture is the same disc burned @16x with the A3. Far better (jitter).

Verbatim Pastel Disc (Taiyo Yuden) 52x

Not good @16x, better @48x. Excellent @16x with the A3. :cool:

Verbatim 52x Crystal/Super Azo

With all my drives I don’t get an excellent jitter (never under 11-12%) with this media.
Also with the A3 jitter (and C1 errors) is a bit high.

BenQ 52x (Daxon) @16x

No problem here.

FUJIFILM 52x (Fuji) @ 16x

Pretty good.

I would like to try a RITEK but unfortunately I don’t have any disc with that MID. The conclusion is that the A4 series need of some improvements about the CDs writing quality. If someone can post some other discs…:flower:

A1 series have the same problem. JITTER is high when it burns at 16X。
I burned 2 MID: Taiyo Yuden and RITEK(traxdata 40X)

Very nice tests mognegna :clap:. JItter problem still exists on A4 series just like A1 series; hope LiteOn engineers are able to fix this.

Does only the 20A4H do cd jitter scanning because my 20A4P won’t

[QUOTE=juancdg;2007045]Very nice tests mognegna :clap:. JItter problem still exists on A4 series just like A1 series; hope LiteOn engineers are able to fix this.[/QUOTE]

Surely. :slight_smile:
I hope they will check also the RITEK’s strategies because I’m sure that they are not ok (like A1 series).

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2007138]Does only the 20A4H do cd jitter scanning because my 20A4P won’t[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately all LiteOn’s burners do jitter scans only with DVDs. They are not reliable CDs scanner. Read this thread.

I’ve tested the new test firmware for the DH-20A4P (for Mitsubishi LD) with the drive of one friend of mine.
First disc is a Verbatim made by CMC burned at 16x. Jitter is finally ok. See here the same disc (same batch) burned with a DH-20A4H (with the latest official firmware). C1 errors are similar to my other drives.

Verbatim Pastel Disc (Taiyo Yuden) @16x

The jitter is still high for this excellent media. I think it should be much better.
Here the same disc (same batch) burned with the A4H (with latest official firmware).

Verbatim 52x Crystal/Super Azo @16x
With all my drives I don’t get an excellent jitter (never under 11-12%) with this media but in this case is too much high. Here the same disc (same batch) burned with the A4H.

[QUOTE=mognegna;2007270]Unfortunately all LiteOn’s burners do jitter scans only with DVDs. They are not reliable CDs scanner. Read this thread.[/QUOTE]

I see well I do have 1640 for this. :iagree:

thanks