A3 Models Jitter Function Test Firmware and Tool

If you want jitter reading function for A3 models, please try this.
Using the Jitter page at LTNFlash 2.5.52 and post issues here, thanks.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Jitter.rar

Burner:LG GGC-H20L
CMC MAG.AM3 @16x

Wow~! Thanks Wind for sharing this awesome utility with us! :smiley:

What burner are files XV5H and YV5H for?
I never did a jitter test before so I’d like to know if it’s normal for drive to click while doing the scan. What about jitter scan in nero - will it also be possible?

[QUOTE=espresso;1925641]What burner are files XV5H and YV5H for?
I never did a jitter test before so I’d like to know if it’s normal for drive to click while doing the scan. What about jitter scan in nero - will it also be possible?[/QUOTE]

If I’m not wrong, XV5H is for DH-20A3P while YV5H is for the lightscribe version DH-20A3H.
I think jitter scan will be available in Nero in the future. :slight_smile:

So this test firmware will only work with the liteon tool?

It looks nice, thank’s.

I don’t have this drive but thank you Wind for the trouble and time you took upon yourself :clap:

Drive, Firmware: 20A3P, XV5H
MID: MCC 004 (PAPA KJ…), Verbatim branded, Taiwan
Type: DVD+R 16x rated
Burned with: CD DVD Speed 4.7.7.5
Burned as: Create Disc
Burned at: 16x speed
Burn time: 5:37
Scanned with: same drive, BenQ DW2050 and BenQ1640
SB - on, FHT, OHT, OS - off
Scanned with: same drive, 20A1H and BenQ1640 at 8x + jitter test with LtnFlash 2.5.5.2

Wind,

Talking about jitter stuff, is there any chance you (or anyone else at LiteOn) could supply me with the op codes required to get said info from the drive and also the format of the data it returns?

I’d really appreciate it!

Are there other differences between the latest official XP5Z and this test XV5H apart the jitter reading capability, and if yes, what are the differences ?

I like the Z very much and I’m a little bit reluctant to change and eventually make burning worse or just different in general, just for having jitter reading…

[QUOTE=2601;1925597]Burner:LG GGC-H20L
CMC MAG.AM3 @16x[/QUOTE]

I suggest to use 8x speed for jitter scan and interval of 1000h.

[QUOTE=drapin;1926033]Are there other differences between the latest official XP5Z and this test XV5H apart the jitter reading capability, and if yes, what are the differences ?

I like the Z very much and I’m a little bit reluctant to change and eventually make burning worse or just different in general, just for having jitter reading…[/QUOTE]

YV5H = the latest firmware in PLDS for A3 models. (PLSD naming rule)
XV5H = YV5H without LightScribe support. (My naming rule)
YV5H HT684 = YV5H with latest HT revision, which support jitter report to host. (Mine)
XV5H HT684 = XV5H with latest HT revision. (Mine)

Sorry for the confusion. :confused:

:eek: Christmas has come early again. Thanks Wind. :flower:

Can’t wait to see how the new HT version works as well. I’m saving this batch of MCC004s I have, to see a low PIF result with the A3 drive. :wink:

Nothing too shabby about this 16x result. I’m very pleased with this. :slight_smile:

Now if -R can be as good. Next burn…

I’m having a few problems with the jitter though, and I can see 2601 and NewFish were as well. The jitter scan never seems to end and towards the end the jitter shoots up, almost like it’s not calcuating the end of the disc properly and the scan is going off the end of the data. The drive also makes loud seeking noises at this point.

Jitter also seems very high to start with, when compared to the 20A4P result.

MCC 03RG20 MAP7 (MIT)

Second jitter scan of this disc and this time captured the jitter before it went up to 46%.

It seems still some problems for jitter measurement.
I need some time to check on it…

Thanks Wind. It seems that speed is having a major effect on the result. Here’s the same disc as in my last post but this time with speed set to 2.

And here it is at 4x speed. Also fixing the “Measure Length” solves the end of scan problem.

Yes, I found it seems ok at 4x, not 8x. I have to find out why.
I want it to be ok at least at 8x or above.