A07 / 107d upgrade for dual layer recording? Not sure

vbimport

i sent email to pioneer about dual layer recording

but i think the situation is either they never got my email or they’re just ignoring it

dual layer recorders are releasing now and i really want to know if there will be an firmware upgrade for dual layer recording

does anyone have information about or at least thoughts?

suhksb

I maybe wrong but I think I read someplace that pioneer dual layer burner was to be 109D I really don’t think pioneer will release a dual layer f/w for the 107D if they are going to sell the 109D as their dual layer unit.

KenW

The 109D is going to be dual layer burner and is due for release in December 2004 … if you can believe what is written on the internet :slight_smile:

Makes you wonder what the 108D burner will do :rolleyes:

Greycow

greycow

my best guess for the 108D would be something like this :

dvd+r 16x
dvd+rw 4x
dvd-r 8x 16x? :rolleyes:
dvd-rw 4x

Originally posted by KenW
dvd+r 16x
dvd+rw 4x
dvd-r 8x 16x? :rolleyes:
dvd-rw 4x

Mmmm … 16x burn. :cool:

Maybe by then we should have some decent 8x certified media available here in Australia so I can actually use my 107D without using modified firmware. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greycow

greycow

Just a guess mind you , for all we know there could be no 108 just the 109, I like to think the 108 will have 16x, because the 109 will have dual layer, 16x is the only thing that makes sense.

Originally posted by KenW
[B]greycow

Just a guess mind you , for all we know there could be no 108 just the 109, I like to think the 108 will have 16x, because the 109 will have dual layer, 16x is the only thing that makes sense. [/B]

I’ve read some place that 108 is planned to be released during summer and should be able to burn at 12x.
The 109 is expected to burn at 16x speed on single layer and 2.4x on DL.

I might be wrong…:confused: