A05 Power Calibration Error

I have a A05 unit and latley I can’t burn a single DVD, all I recive is Power Calibration Error. I only use Ritek RiDisc Gen4 Grade A. I also tried with some Maxell.

I’ve writen a couple of hundred DVD’s with the unit but I began to recieve Power Calibration Errors more and more untill now I can’t burn at all.

At first I got errors when burning in 4x so I switched to 2x and it worked, that was a couple of months ago. Then I couldn’t burn too many discs in a row, I had to shutdown the computer in between. The average time I had it shutdown was 4h, any less than one hour and it still wouldn’t go. Now it doesn’t want to burn even in 1x, no matter how long I wate.

I used the RPC1 12x Rip 1.33 firmware, now I changed to original 1.33, still same thing.

Also some discs can only be read in my laptop. It has a TEAC DW-224E-A Combo drive. And this drive reads it all, discs I can’t read in the burner even…

I have uninstalled ASPI and the best burning program I found was actually DVD Decrypter.

I’m clueless, please help.

I can add that I moved it to another machine ( from a P4 2.6 HT to a Celeron 2.4) and it burns, well not without a glitch… First DVD burnt right on, second I first got power calibration, I ejected and loaded the same disc ( remotley trough DVD Decrypter) and it now burns, same disc just a couple of seconds later… Please tell me I’m not mad…

This error often occurs when the lens is dirty. Clean your lens with a soft piece of cloth and water.

That sounds dangerous…
But I guess I can put the microfiber cloth to use…