A very strange on my 821s@832s!

vbimport

HI all
i have patched my 821s to 832s-vs04 ,all is well,but when i use kprobe to scan the c1/c2 , then the report is very strange. every disk all have a very height c2 error.but there is no c2 error report if i scan use 52327s. that mean the 821s device have some defect .it need to exchang an new one. i am sorry for my poor english. :slight_smile: :frowning:

That’s normal. All LiteOn DVD-burners, when scanning, will report a single-line C1/C2 spike. It’s a glitch in the scan, and can always be safely ignored.

I have seen similar isolated cases of this with the x51S and x11S hardware. I cannot give you any real concrete reason for this happening as it would be speculative…

@code - well, as I said, I have seen this behaviour on a drive before. Having said this, it is isolated. I.e, not ALL writers in scan back have been known to produce such a result on my end. (Bearing in mind, I have had a good 15-20 LiteOn DVD writers pass through).

Weird eh?

thanks for reply, you said "All LiteOn DVD-burners, when scanning, will report a single-line C1/C2 spike."it mean just the DVD-burners,it’s not the CD-burners,so when i use 52327S to scan all is well there is no a single-line C1/C2 spike. right?

Yes, this is a problem that seems to affect only DVD burners.