Hi to the staff
I’m posting this to give an update.
I still have the problem described in the first post of this thread.
Until now the main culprit suspected was norton internet security (NIS), but today I did some tests, and I discovered that NIS apparently is not involved in any way with this problem. Here are tests I did.
- Hypothesis: I blocked some contents selecting this block as a permanent setting and being not able to remove this setting because I don’t know what is exactly this contents, I thought that uninstalling the firewall and reinstalling it, all will be again as default, with no blocked stuff added by me.
Results: the problem is still here. Every time I load a page from CDFreaks there are hundreds of connections opened and never closed. Only with firefox I can surf in the forum and in the main page.
- Hypothesis: Also with all default settings and a fresh installation, maybe NIS still create problems. To verify this, I did a test shutting down the firewall and surfing without firewall at all.
Results: the problem is still here, because every time I go in CDFreaks again hundreds of connections are opened and never closed.
The only site that cause me this problem is CDFreaks, and again firefox is the only browser that have no problems at all.
- This problem arose about in the same time in which I opened this thread, and before I used IE and the same version of NIS that I have installed right now, but I hadn’t any problem at all in surfing in the CDFreaks with IE.
I posted a couple of pics here
I use TCPWiew to see how many connections are open and the second pic is a screenshot of Event viewer that shows how these hundred of open connections make my computer hang.
Sidenote: Firefox solve the problem of hundreds of open connections, but it don’t allow me to use the CMS to post news. So I must use IE to post news, and I’m forced to do it in three or four passages. The first passage is to post title and the first period, and then I am forced to do a logout, close IE, and close manually the connections with TCPView, then do again login, post another couple of periods, and again do a logout and close manually all opened connections. If I don’t do a logout closing manually all open connections don’t solve the problem, and I can’t load the CMS page.
Now I have no idea of what can be the problem