A-Squared Scan

vbimport

Hello all, something curious to report: After running a scan with A-Squared, it found three ‘trace objects’. 1 in the registry and 1 in program files and 1 in my documents/settings. :eek: Listed as Trace.Registry.DvdFab!A2. Don’t know what it is so I quarantined all 3 and the result of course was DvdFab 6 wouldn’t load. I uploaded all 3 to A-Squared for analysis. This was Dvd Fab version prior to 6112 Beta.
I will install this latest version of Fab and run another scan to see what’s what. Could be a false positive. The risk level reported was Medium.

Same result with 6.1.1.2.:confused:

[QUOTE=Redking1;2449764]Hello all, something curious to report: After running a scan with A-Squared, it found three ‘trace objects’. 1 in the registry and 1 in program files and 1 in my documents/settings. :eek: Listed as Trace.Registry.DvdFab!A2. Don’t know what it is so I quarantined all 3 and the result of course was DvdFab 6 wouldn’t load. I uploaded all 3 to A-Squared for analysis. This was Dvd Fab version prior to 6112 Beta.
I will install this latest version of Fab and run another scan to see what’s what. Could be a false positive. The risk level reported was Medium.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect to EMSI, don’t waste your time with that program…far too many false-positives where there is nothing to worry about.

If you’re concerned about malware and spyware programs, use Malwarebytes and Dr. Web (both have freebie versions), and will give you plenty of adequate protection.

OC

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip OC. I do have Malwarebytes installed, it found nothing like A-Squared found.