A SOUND of THUNDER

New movie, just bought at the store. It won’t backup, I am chaulking it up to a bad souce disk, and returning it, it wouldn’t even rip with the AnyDVD ripper. I get back to you all in a couple of hours, I am returning the disc.

i’m buying this movie today. I’ll let you know later tonight if I have any luck with it.

out of curiousity, can you post the anydvd info window…

i bought this yesterday cause the wife likes sir kingsley…and it backed up fine with anydvd 5.9.4.1 and clonedvd 2.8.9.2

in that case alan probably did just get a bad disc

Then I got two bad discs because I still can’t back it up. I am at a loss here. I have tryed 3 different proggys with AnyDVD . CRC errors on brand new discs.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.9.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1395808 sectors (2726 MBytes)
Total size: 2791604 sectors (5452 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: A_SOUND_OF_THUNDER
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Hi :slight_smile:
If this is manufacturer related, it’s likely to be batch dependent. Get refund/credit note & go somewhere else or wait till they restock.

do you have another drive you can try it in, alan?

and also try slowing down the read speed with anydvd’s drive speed control setting…

yep anydvd shows the same for me. so i guess it’s a bad batch that store has. see if they refund your money and try a different store.

This is the first time this has ever happened. I am stunned. I even download AnyDVD again to make sure my registry cleaner disn’t delete something.

yep…it’s a shame that it is happening more often now…

What error message did you get using CloneDVD? Protections are likely in the beginning of a title set (VTS_xx_1.VOB). Was the error there?
Anyway, send IFOs to SlySoft, so they can check if it is a new protection.

I just backed it up with Shrink and AnyDVD, no problems. I couldn’t do it with Clone2DVD and CopytoDVD or OneClick or Nero, but Shrink did it with AnyDVD can you believe it?

Yes that is exactly where the CRC error was.

TRU, How do you do this? I mean send the IFOs to Slysoft.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1333652&postcount=60
:slight_smile:

wow that is wierd…did you rip with anydvd’s rip to hard disc option?
well that’s good to know it worked with shrink. like i said i had no problems with it using anydvd and clonedvd2.

I sent you the .ifo in an e-mail and I also sent them to slysoft with a copy of the information window.There were two .ifos, I sent them separately in a .zip file. Please let me know if you get them.

It also worked with Nero recode, but not with Clone2, I have sent TRU and slysoft the .ifo files. It also doesn’t work with OneClick to DVD or CopytoDVD.

I have no problem backing up this movie R1 WS-Movie only / AnyDVD+CloneDVD2