A small riddle, try to solve it

Allright here’s a small riddle (not that difficult), try to solve it.

Post your answers.

There is pond. On day 1 we put in a water lily that doubles every day in volume. After 30 days the pond is completely filled with the water lily.

Now we have the same pond, but on day 1 we put in 2 water lilies.

After how many days is the pond completely filled.

Very simple actually…when you know the answer…

Tried to solve it through mathemathical formula, but when I saw the answer I realised how simple it was…

I will not give it away just yet, but the magic number is 2

Edit:

See that Philamber beat me to it…

Originally posted by philamber
:bow: :bow:

9 minutes, nice work.

Try to solve the following riddle:

9 marbles, 1 heavier then the others. 1 balance.

You can weigh 2 times.

How do you know in 2 times wich marble is the heaviest??

After this one I have one that’s alot tougher than these 2. These 2 are just to warm you up.

Put 4 on the left , 4 on the right.

If it is in balance , it’s the one you left out.

If not , take the 4 that drop down and balance them 2 by 2 on the scale.

then repeat the process …

damn 3 times…

i also keep getting 3x

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]Put 4 on the left , 4 on the right.

If it is in balance , it’s the one you left out.

If not , take the 4 that drop down and balance them 2 by 2 on the scale.

then repeat the process …

damn 3 times… [/B]

Mr. Belvedere, I thought you would have this riddle solved in no-time. Try again, the next riddle is a “pain in the ass”.

Originally posted by Namoh
Mr. Belvedere, I thought you would have this riddle solved in no-time. Try again, the next riddle is a “pain in the ass”.

Place 3 marbles on each tray.

• If the first weighing doesn’t balance, remove all the marbles from the lighter side, and place one marble on each tray from the heavier tray. The heavier side is the heavier marble, but if they balance, then the marble from the heavier tray from the first weighing that was not weighed in the second weighing is the
    heavier one.

• If the marbles balance on the first weighing, remove the marbles from the trays, and place 2 of the remaining unweighed marbles on the trays, one on each tray. If one is heavier, it is the heavier marble, but if they balance, the remaining unweighed marble is the heavier one.

well, you can break this into sets of 3 i suppose
weight 3 vs 3
if equal
weigh 2 v 1 of remaining 3
if not equal
take 2 v1 of heavier 3 of 3 from first weighing

yup, thats it
in 2 weights

HEHE
:bigsmile:

[B]Place 3 marbles on each tray.

• If the first weighing doesn’t balance, remove all the marbles from the lighter side, and place one marble on each tray from the heavier tray. The heavier side is the heavier marble, but if they balance, then the marble from the heavier tray from the first weighing that was not weighed in the second weighing is the
    heavier one.

• If the marbles balance on the first weighing, remove the marbles from the trays, and place 2 of the remaining unweighed marbles on the trays, one on each tray. If one is heavier, it is the heavier marble, but if they balance, the remaining unweighed marble is the heavier one. [/B]

ARGHGHGHGGH
beat me by a bit over a min

Originally posted by xtacydima
ARGHGHGHGGH
beat me by a bit over a min

true , but you discovered it all by yourself… i didn’t :slight_smile:

so the respect goes to you . :bow:

I have a good riddle

You are on a path and you are lost. You must choose one way of two paths at a Y split in the road. You encounter 2 people at the Y split. One always tells the truth, and one always tells a lie. You are allowed to ask 1 of them only 1 question to choose the correct path based on thir answer.

What do you ask?

I know this one is old but its still fun.

true , but you discovered it all by yourself… i didn’t :slight_smile:

Who helped you?

[B]Place 3 marbles on each tray.

heavier one.

• If the marbles balance on the first weighing, remove the marbles from the trays, and place 2 of the remaining unweighed marbles on the trays, one on each tray. If one is heavier, it is the heavier marble, but if they balance, the remaining unweighed marble is the heavier one. [/B]

:bow: :bow:

In exactly 30 minutes!

Now a real pain in the ass.

There are 12 marbles, 11 have the same weight and 1 has a different weight, but you don’t know if it’s heavier or lighter !!

There is a balance. You can weigh 3 times.

How do you have to weigh (in 3 times), to know wich marble has the different weight??

Time starts!! :wink:

hey what about my riddle above

[B]:bow: :bow:

In exactly 30 minutes!

Now a real pain in the ass.

There are 12 marbles, 11 have the same weight and 1 has a different weight, but you don’t know if it’s heavier or lighter !!

There is a balance. You can weigh 3 times.

How do you have to weigh (in 3 times), to know wich marble has the different weight??

Time starts!! :wink: [/B]

3 sets of 4
same principle as before
weigh 4 v 4
if equal weigh 2v2 from unweighed set
then 1v1 from lighter or heavier
if not, weight lighter or heavier set of 2v2 from first 2 weighed
and same 1v1 as prior procedure
//me thinks this will work

[B]I have a good riddle

You are on a path and you are lost. You must choose one way of two paths at a Y split in the road. You encounter 2 people at the Y split. One always tells the truth, and one always tells a lie. You are allowed to ask 1 of them only 1 question to choose the correct path based on thir answer.

What do you ask?

I know this one is old but its still fun. [/B]

Wasn’t it something like:

Which path would the other guy say I should take , if I asked him which path is the wrong path??

[B]Wasn’t it something like:

Which path would the other guy say I should take , if I asked him which path is the wrong path??[/B]

Nope, not quite

but close
very close

was i correct above

3 sets of 4
same principle as before
weigh 4 v 4
if equal weigh 2v2 from unweighed set
then 1v1 from lighter or heavier
if not, weight lighter or heavier set of 2v2 from first 2 weighed
and same 1v1 as prior procedure
//me thinks this will work

No, this is wrong.

You don’t know when you weigh 2v2 when it’s out of balance if it’s because of a heavier marble or a lighter marble!!