A small but practical request

Make DVD2One sound an alarm when it is finished. Toast already does this.

While I’m at it, I noticed that after DVD2OneX has completed its task, there is about a 2 to 3 second delay before the application menu opens allowing me to select quit. Just wondering if any other Mac users have noticed this delay.

Boy! You really DO want bells and whistles, don’tcha?
:wink:

hehe . . . good one, old chap. I would have to agree that a ‘finished’ sound would be nice, so that you don’t waste precious DVD ripping time, since it’s often running in the background.

Running in the back ground does remind me thet dvd2oneX often doesn’t play nice when multi-tasking. A shout-out to Rene et al., it would nice to have dual processor support - I would imagine that these refinements might be something we’ll see in the future, but pretty darn good for a v.1

LOL! Thanks writersblock29.

set DVD2One away and go make a microwave ready meal and when it pings there’s your alarm cos DVD2One is that fast :eek:

Originally posted by MackemX
set DVD2One away and go make a microwave ready meal and when it pings there’s your alarm cos DVD2One is that fast :eek:

Not so fast!! On my G4 dual 450, 98% of all my DVDs for DVD2One alone have been in the 50 minute range, give or take 5 minutes. All total it takes roughly 2:45 to copy a DVD. As it is now, I’m using a cooking timer to alert me for both DVDbackup and DVD2One. By the way, I also wrote the author of DVDbackup and he said he will consider my request.

I’m not asking for much. A simple ‘checkbox’ button labeled “Warn When Finished” and about 5 lines of additional code should do it. Then if you would rather use your microwave to alert you when DVD2One has finished, just uncheck the button. But I venture to say even you will leave it selected.

Considering that pretty much all Windows tasks have a completion bell to them, I really don’t see why not. Come to think of it, I think Windows XP will sound an alert when DVD2ONE finishes… I’ll have to check. I usually keep my speakers turned off while screwing around on the computer, unless I’m listening to music. Of course, that’s PC stuff instead of Apple. Maybe Rene will catch a glimpse of this and consider it.

Originally posted by writersblock29
Considering that pretty much all Windows tasks have a completion bell to them, I really don’t see why not. Come to think of it, I think Windows XP will sound an alert when DVD2ONE finishes… I’ll have to check. I usually keep my speakers turned off while screwing around on the computer, unless I’m listening to music. Of course, that’s PC stuff instead of Apple. Maybe Rene will catch a glimpse of this and consider it.

Not everyone uses XP - this would be a nice feature.

On my w2k machine if i leave the focus on DVD2one, a really nice PLING is played when the allert box pops up to warn that DVD2one finished processing.

@ReneB

Yep. After checking, Windows XP does, too. It goes to figure, though, since XP’s really just a jacked-up version of the Windows 2000 platform! (Let the truth be known, Bill Gates!)

The Mac version doesn’t have a ‘complete’ dialog box, it just goes back to its initial state, with the Audio/Subtitle drawer sliding back out. A dialog box would probably make the default alert sound play, and would be a good way of doing this. A unique but pleasant ‘complete’ sound would be nice, so that we know that that’s what needs attention, but a standard dialog box would also do the trick. This isn’t a very big deal, but would make for a bit better use of our time. DTOX ROX!