A reminder about Protections

vbimport

This maybe obvious but I see alot posts about the protections on a given game....

remember if you have a program that can check the protection do so....like clonyxxl

Games in different countries will have have different protections...

For example I heard SOF II was SD2...I have the US version and there is no protection other than a serial

Recently Serious Sam Second encounter was SD2.51 in some countries but my US version was none(given they sold for $10 I could not see how they could afford to put a protection on it)

My point is just check if you can it can help your success...and do not always assume the reported protection is in your country..

I suspect now with the GameCD profile this is not as important as clonecd will make excellent backups even if the protection is not always known by a user....

I always like to know what I have and then use a custom setting....

Anyway if this an obvious statement please just delete it the thread Mods

Originally posted by nealh
Anyway if this an obvious statement please just delete it the thread Mods
No this is good advice! Some games use different protection depending on the country you bought it in. My Serious Sam 2 game uses SafeDisc 2.51.021 and the same with GTA3 (which some people have reported as SafeDisc 2.60 or even SafeDisc 3 :confused: ). Thanks!

Very timely nealh Another example is AVP2. The English versions need 80’ disc