A question?

vbimport

Hello,

Im new here. Nice site. Few questions if you dont mind

Im from the 321 studio era, and i know that they are now gone hence no more updates.

Other day burned a DVD using platinum and it had some corruption spots in it.

So, I need to get new software i suppose. Looking at clone DVD and Anydvd I would like to know why these programs are seperate. Wouldnt clone DVD burn on its own? or is any DVD neccessary to use with it.

Im just a bit confused on this isue & woudl sure appreciate any help so I may decide what to do.

Thank you for your time,

Dan

AnyDVD is a driver that removes copy protection from the DVD you’re attempting to backup. It does this in real time and makes the process transparent to whatever program you’re accessing the DVD with. It removes region coding, CSS, macrovision, user prohibited options, and finally the highly annoying Sony ARCCOS protection. And probably a few things I’m missing. As I said, it does this on the fly and is transparent.

CloneDVD is a transcoding program. It allows you to select what parts of the DVD you want to keep and to shrink them to fit on your media if required. It is one of the better transcoders out there IMO.

The reason they are separate programs is because they were originally developed by separate companies. Slysoft bought the rights to sell CloneDVD and now you can get them as a package deal. In some countries, it is illegal to use AnyDVD. However it’s perfectly legal to use CloneDVD in all countries afaik. You might ask what the point of CloneDVD is if it can’t work on protected discs by itself. Some people author their own discs and sometimes they come out a little too large. CloneDVD is great for fixing up the disc for you. Anyway, I use both together and absolutely love the pair. I’m sure Olli will respond at some point and tell you more if I’ve missed anything.

That’s the other great thing…both CloneDVD and AnyDVD are HEAVILY supported in this forum. You have a problem with either and you’re likely to get a response within hours.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Does Clone DVD have advantages over my platinum 321 program. Besides that it is supported, that i understand, is there a big difference on why I should get Clone DVD?

Will clone DVD allow me to burn as a stand alone as 321 did. or Do i have to have the Anydvd also with it.

Sorry for all the question, yet i really want to gain more info on this if in fact Its prudent to purchase…

Thank you.

CloneDVD has some pretty kuel features. It can definitely burn stand alone without anydvd with no problems. In fact, I use CloneDVD to burn my tv episode DVD’s for a friend at work who goes to school at night and misses her shows. I author the DVD file structure in another program, load up CloneDVD, click on the write data button, and away I go. Also, I HIGHLY recommend you take advantage of the trial period for both CloneDVD and AnyDVD. This will give you a fully function trial for a couple weeks to see if you really like the products. I’m betting that after using them for a few days you’ll probably decide to purchase them. I bought CloneDVD when it first came out. I was hesitant about AnyDVD at first and for many years I simply stuck with DVD Decryptor. I just couldn’t bring myself to pay for what I considered to be a driver. However, I decided to give the 5.x.x.x versions a try and after my trial was over I decided that it was indeed worth the money. It’s not a “simple driver” as I made it out to be. It’s a highly sophisticated and well designed application that goes FAR beyond the mere removal of copy protection. For instance, you can set it so that when you open your DVD player software it skips right to the main movie. It also nukes the HIGHLY ANNOYING interactive dvd software installation. And all of these options are user configurable. You decide what you want it to do. What sold me personally on it was ease with which it handles region coding. All in all region coding isn’t overly difficult to get around, but, with AnyDVD it’s completely transparent. You load it, stick a DVD in the drive from any region, and you’re done. Works for me. :slight_smile:

CloneDVD couldn’t be easier to use. I mean, seriously, there’s only ONE difficult option in the entire program and that’s if you want to split a DVD into 2 sections. The manual explains how to do that if you need that feature. Everything else you just walk through the very intuitive “wizard” like interface selecting what you want to keep and it simply does it. Straight off the DVD if you have AnyDVD loaded.

Again, give them a try with the trial versions and buy them if you like them. You can’t go wrong. If you have problems with either, post them in the appropriate forum and I guarantee someone will help.

What version of DVD X Copy Platinum do you have?
If you have: DVD X Copy Platinum 4.0.3.8, KEEP IT :slight_smile:
DVD X Copy comes with its own ripper (this ripper copies CSS discs only). Now, to Copy
protected DVDs by Sony Arcooss protection you will
need AnyDVD. Otherwise, it won’t copy correctly.

Yes I do have 4.038. So in your opinion, is it worth buying clone DVD. Woudl I beable to burn better copies of DVD’s?

And when you say Sony DVD’s You mean sony made movies that are released?

@ Datagg,

I as suggested by Forum member SamuriHL I would visit SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and downloading a copy of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and see how these programs work. These demos are free to use to use for 21 days.

After using these programs for awhile if you should have any questions return to the forum and we will attempt to provide help. It is kind of fruitless answering questions about AnyDVD and CloneDVD when someone hasn’t even used these programs. SlySoft has a “try-before-buy” policy. You can use the software for 21 days. After the 21 day trial period you have to purchase a Regestration Key to be able to contine to use the programs.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thank you for all the replies. i will try the trial versions and see how it goes.