I have been tearing my hair out for several months now with an audio cd burning problem I have. I originally posted the problem on this site and thought I had solved it by using ‘Burnatonce’, and setting the option to burn using ASPI rather than SPTI (I use XP Pro SP2). Now that solution has turned into a big pile of…well you know what!
My problem is this…when burning audio cd’s I get a static-like crackle starting on the first track and getting gradually worse until the last few tracks are unplayable. These are the things I have tried:
- Reinstall ASPI layer using FroggyASPI, Adaptec 4.60, 4.70 and 4.71 ASPI, and finally ForceASPI…No Luck!
- Tried several different burning programs, such as Nero 6, Nero 7, Burnatonce and Feurio…No Luck!
- Tried different media, from cheap and nasty to specialist audio cd-r’s…No Luck!
- Freed up plenty of HDD space (inexcess of 15Gb)…No Luck!
- Defragged the HDD…No Luck!
Then this morning I discovered something…I get a perfect burn using Burnatonce (using SPTI)…BUT, only after a fresh reboot. If I try to burn more than one disk then the second one has the crackle all through it. Now, if I reboot and burn again it works perfectly.
Pleeeeaaaasssseeee, does anyone have an opinion on this…any idea would be appreciated?