A question for Codeking about Benq firmware backup

vbimport

Sorry if already posted :o , but I wasn’t able to find an answer to this.

With liteon burners it is not possible to flash to a previous version of firmware using official flasher. It is possible only using tools like eeprom utility and omnipatcher.

Referring to this thread, there is no tool to do a backup of benq firmwares.

On this thread pinto2 says that to restore a previous firmware it is sufficient to reflash with official flasher. Is it true also with 1640 firmwares?

I ask this because I want compare between BSHB and BSJB firmwares on discs of the same box, to choose what give me better results.

Finally (sorry if it is a dumb question :doh: ), how many times can I reflash without damage eeprom?

you could just download the BSHB firmware from the benq site and restore to the original using that. right?

You can flash any firmware you want old or new with BenQ’s official flasher.

geno888

if your question is just for CodeKing, why don’t you use his PM?

This question by topic poster (TP) is legit and can be raised in forum, although all this has already been covered and there should’t be any difficulty for TP by using search and find the answers. :stuck_out_tongue:

PM, private message should only be used for “private” non forum related questions.
It’s also nice to use members correct name; C0deKing.

BTW, my BenQ 1620 has sustained more than 300 firmware flashes… :cool:

Sorry, I’m kinda busy with other forum stuff at the moment ;). Thanks to everyone that answered for me :).

Just to recap.

1/ You can flash forwards and backward with the 1640 firmware, using the exe flashers or CVTs.
2/ Make sure you re-start your system after a flash.
3/ Don’t be worried if you system hangs while shutting down after a flash. Just hit the reset after it hangs :wink:
4/ When it comes to the number of times you can flash - of all the FLASH chips I know of, the chip with the least amount of flashes can be reflashed 1000 times and the most is 1,000,000 times. So it’s somewhere is the middle of those two figures. But even if it was 1000 times, I think you’re pretty safe :wink:
5/ Feel free to PM me anytime but all technical questions should be placed on the forums. If you want me to answer a question you have placed on the forum (like this one) just send me a PM with a link to your thread or post (right click on the little page beside the post time and select copy shortcut ;)).

I thinked that my question can be interesting for other users. I insert the word “C0deKing” to attire his attention at this thread. Next time I’ll follow C0deKing’s suggestion, posting a thread and PM him the thread’s link.

Sorry :o , was a typo error

@C0deKing
Many thanks for your answers :bow: :bow: :bow: ; these are very resumptive

I absolutly agree with you. I just don’t think it is nice for all other forumers who were able to answer!!!
anyway… no big deal.

Sorry, I don’t think that only C0deKing was able to respond to the question; it was only to attire attention on the thread.

I’m very sorry for the mistake :o :o :o

I am glad you got your answer.