A question about my laptop overheating?

I just downloaded mobilemeter and the program says the temperature of my laptop is 125.6°F and 109.4°F… Does that make any sense? Lol

Now I’m no expert at computers but isn’t that way to hot? :confused:
My laptop is on a desk and I’m not sure if that is preventing my fans to work properly?

What should I do?

Nothing - Craptops run a little hotter than Desktops - your pulling 125f = 51c - I’m guessing this is the Ambient internal temp so thats fine. 109f = 42c - I’m guessing the CPU Temp - again thats fine.

If you ever hit 150f then you’ve got problems.:slight_smile:

Ok. So do you have an idea why my laptop restarts when I try and burn a dvd? :confused:

Ah so we’re getting to the root of the issue. There are more reasons for odd annoying behaviour such as this than you can poke a stick at. Post back your specs and any error you might get when the issue occurs.
Also have a look at your event logs> Control Panel> Administrative tools> Event viewer> Look in the system events for red crosses.

I’d just like to say thank you for taking your time to help me out:)

I have a dv4000.
It has 1 gb of ram, processor is pentium m 1.86 ghz. My videocard is 128 mb x700.
I looked in event viewer and there is are several crosses. Under source it says system error. This seems to be the problem

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

Related Knowledge Base articles
You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
• “Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification” error message when the computer resumes from hibernation
You may experience any one of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts. After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Windows The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been…
• A diagnostic program may immediately close and you may receive a “STOP 0x00000050” or “STOP 0x0000000A” error message in Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
Describes a problem that may occur if a computer is infected with a variant of the Sdbot virus.
• Error Message: STOP 0x00000050 (0xffffffe0, 0x00000001, 0xf30da010, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
You may experience any of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts. After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Windows The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been…
• Windows XP Clients Cannot Connect to a Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server
When you try to connect from a Windows XP-based client to a Windows 2000-based Terminal Services server, the connection may not succeed and you may receive the following error message: Because of a security error, the client could not connect to…
• The HaxDoor virus may cause a “STOP 0x00000050” or “STOP 0x0000008e” error message
Explains that the HaxDoor virus may generate a Stop error message or restart your computer in Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. You can manually remove the variant of the HaxDoor virus to resolve this issue.
• The computer may automatically restart, or you may receive a “serious error” message or a Stop error message in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, or in Windows 2000
Describes how to determine whether the computer is infected with kernel driver rootkit spyware and how to remove this spyware.

Error-What happens is, I try and burn a dvd. All of a sudden my computer shuts down. A blue error screen appears for a split second. Then my laptop restarts. A little page comes up saying my laptop has recovered from a system error.

OK First thing to do is stop your machine rebooting after the blue screen: Right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery settings> uncheck Automatically Restart. This will allow you to see the blue screen Error Properly - please post it back. Unfortunately the Event Log doesnt specify, and we’re well aware is a Fatal Kernel Crash.
Another avenue to explore - run a Virus and Spyware Scan. Use 2 Spyware programs such as Adaware and Spybot.

Uninstall SONIC DLA and INCD! Can’t hurt anyway!
Close out all not needed software packs before your burn!
Good advice from Pollushon! Clean your drive in DISK CLEAN accessories! Update all stuff at MS and your MOBO site! Check drive settings in device manager! Flash your drive with current FW!

Happy new year man!

I tried this and I can’t find startup and recovery settings in advanced.
I’ve had this computer for 2 weeks and I’m already having problems with it. This sucks.
Maybe I can have it exchanged?
Do you guys think HP would let me exchange (not return) it even though I’ve reformatted my hard drive many times and used the computer a lot?
I just think this is very wrong. :sad: :frowning:

Thanks anyway guys. All help has been greatly appreciated.
Happy new years: :slight_smile:

[Startup and Recovery] is the last button down on that [Advanced] tab of the my computer properties. What operating system are you using? Even exchanging a computer costs something, so you might want to figure out what’s wrong first, in case it turns out to be a problem with that model of laptop.

I ran ad aware and I tried burning and it worked. This is great:)
The weird thing is that I just reformatted my hard drive yesterday so how the heck could spyware + viruses have come on my computer so fast? I don’t use p2p software.

I need a better firewall. I’m using stinky Norton. Any recommendations?
I heard Sygate is good but complicated?

Do this once in a while, it’s a great source I helped a lot of newbie PC user friends of mine with this guide.