A Question about Burning?

I have a question; maybe someone could help me out?

After I Rip a DVD to my Hard Drive with DVDFab, I have 2 programs that I use to burn a copy, one being: “Ashampoo” which I had paid for, and the other: “Nero StartSmart”. Both have worked great so far, and have made identical duplicates of the original DVD on my XP system.

Now my question:

I have heard that it’s not a good idea to have “Enable Video Preview” checked when burning; that this could possibly cause errors when making a copy. How true this is I don’t know? With Nero StartSmart, I can Enable or Disable the Video Preview, where with Ashampoo, they don’t offer this option. Can someone here that knows a little more on this issue, help me out?

Thanks for your time,

John

[QUOTE=38 Special;2423621]I have a question; maybe someone could help me out?

After I Rip a DVD to my Hard Drive with DVDFab, I have 2 programs that I use to burn a copy, one being: “Ashampoo” which I had paid for, and the other: “Nero StartSmart”. Both have worked great so far, and have made identical duplicates of the original DVD on my XP system.

Now my question:

I have heard that it’s not a good idea to have “Enable Video Preview” checked when burning; that this could possibly cause errors when making a copy. How true this is I don’t know? With Nero StartSmart, I can Enable or Disable the Video Preview, where with Ashampoo, they don’t offer this option. Can someone here that knows a little more on this issue, help me out?

Thanks for your time,

John[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the “Enable Video Preview” within DVDFab’s common settings then there is nothing wrong with having it enabled or disabled and has nothing to do with causing errors during the burn process.

I’m not familiar with Ashampoo, but its users seem to be happy with it.
I rarely use nero these days for video archiving, but it always worked well for me and the preview function never became an issue that I know of…
I use Img almost exclusively and have for some time.

Burning a dvd is a complicated process and a caveat has always been…that it’s best to do little else. These days however, we see users doing a lot more and even using multiple instances of Fab at the same time, but take look at some of the rigs out there. My last build is almost 5 years old now and works great, but I don’t push it.
This Fall, I’ll finally be building a new one with windows 7 and a Core i7 processor…:cool:

When burning, I tend to limit my activities to stuff like web browsing, word documents…nothing that takes up much horsepower.
There are times when I’ve inadvertantly had more than one instance of Fab running as well as other cpu-intensive stuff.
Like you, I don’t recall ever “creating” an error this way, but still…
to answer your question…
best to minimize over-head [I]as much as possible [/I] when burning.