A Petition for Manufacturers putting their brand name on the box cover!

well, first of all hello to you all. back in the past i used to read this forum and gather information ahead of buying new media for my CDR-W and i always stumbled with one annoying problem.

whenever you buy a media it’s like gambling, you never know which manufacturer you are buying until you put the cd in your burner and check it with CD Speed or other programs.

we have made techniques to evaluate which manufacturer made a certain media by looking at the box cover or cd but that way looks like unfair to us buyers.

what i am suggesting is opening a petition where we sign our name and e-mail (or any other way you know) it to the well known media companies (brand) so they will know we cannot tolerate this nomore.

media manufacturers should type their name (CMC/RiTEK/etc’) at the box cover so we will know if we want to buy it or not. i think it is only fair marketting.

i believe today media buyers care more about the brand they buy not only the price they pay.

(i searched all over the forum and didn’t see that issue was discussed in the past)

well, what do you think. do we have enough power to obligate them doing such thing? try to keep it as serious as you can, thanks.

i believe u mean that the companies should put the manufacturers’ names on their products (the manufacturers being TY/CMC/ritek/etc).

as much as i’d want this to happen, i don’t believe they have any obligation to provide us with such info. they don’t exactly deceive the consumer by not giving this info, and it’s much like selling rebadged items: u’re never sure what u’re gonna get without inspection (unless someone tells u what it is). this kind of thing doesn’t only happen with media, and the users who would be truly concerned with such things as media quality (users like us) make up a very small percentage of total sales.

AZImmortal:

a bit of disorder i’d day. all fixed now.

as for your comment about the percentage of consumers who actually care about the media quality i will have to agree it is not 90% of the consumers but i can say for sure that every year i see more and more consumers who actually do care about what they are buying.

i know the manufacturers are not obligated to type such info but maybe through such petition we can convince them to do so. after all, it is only a few drops of ink to “waste”.

well, seems like no one interested in changing the current situation but rather keep with the “gambling” method of guessing the manufacturer by looking at the cover colour / buying the cd then understand you bought a low quality one.

who cares. theres the people like us who know what to buy and know about c1-c2 checking and theres those who dont. Some people are so stupid. ive had so many of my friends tell me a type of cdr is good (cmc ones). i ask what the c1-c2 errors are like and they say, what r u talking about? the cd works fine in my cd player! I show them some sony made by TY and tell them its regarded as one of the best cdrs in the world. They say, its made by sony u idiot, not TY :a then they’re like, nah man, my tdk gold (CMC) are the best, they work so good. :a i would say 95% of people dont know what they are buying and never will. so theres no point telling them who made the cd.

If someone sends an e-mail or a letter to Ty and explains that there is a group of dedicated audiophiles out here who like their cds better than their competition’s products, they just might want to help us identify which CDs they manufactured so we can buy more of them. Makes good business sense.

They might just agree that it’s a good idea and do it. They might just ignore it. They might reply saying “no.” Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Originally posted by Captain Marvel
[B]If someone sends an e-mail or a letter to Ty and explains that there is a group of dedicated audiophiles out here who like their cds better than their competition’s products, they just might want to help us identify which CDs they manufactured so we can buy more of them. Makes good business sense.

They might just agree that it’s a good idea and do it. They might just ignore it. They might reply saying “no.” Nothing ventured, nothing gained. [/B]

They could also start selling their own brand (That’s) in the US.

Originally posted by scottmso
They could also start selling their own brand (That’s) in the US.

And in Germany and the other European countries, too!!

It would be great to buy That’s CD-Rs in a local shop :smiley:

Andy