“PAP6” Verbs – Are they really bad?

vbimport

I noticed many people here in this forum, they argued the MIT CMC made Verbs, the hub serial starts as “PAPA” has better quality than “PAP6”. However, the current sub serial of the MIT CMC made new packaging verbs now are mostly starts as “PAP6”.

Is it really “PAP6” not as good as PAPA?

Last week I purchased 2 spindles of new packaging Verbs from UK online store (100Pcs/spintle) and they are MIT CMC made. The hub serial is “PAP677LJ05142187 4”. At first glance I thought it would be a bad time for me – it is not “PAPA” starts.

However, once I scanned, I totally changed my mind. I am pretty sure this “PAP6” can beat many “PAPA” batches.:wink:

So, are you still seeking for “PAPA” verbs, crying and shouting: “Give my PAPA Verbs back!”:cool:

I don’t have any PAP6… serial Verbatims, but sometimes people can jump to conclusions based on very little testing and want to see a pattern in random data, so I’m not sure whether the reported problems with PAP6… serial discs are random or signs of a trend.

Your scan looks very nice IMO.

It is not PAPA is better than PAP6 , it is PAPA is more “consistent” than PAP6
People here found that few batches with PAPA serial are not good scan wise and few batches of PAP6 are good , so they came to the conclusion that PAPA > PAP6 :slight_smile:

I tried PAPA and they are very good and I will get some new package Verbs in the next few days and hope they are PAP6/PAP7 for comparison

They come from two different CMC production sites, whereby PAP6 is apparently newer. So it’s entirely possible they had some initial quality problems which are under control meanwhile. Just guessing of course.

Well i got some dvd-r 16x PAP6 and they’r great.

I’m with Dragemester on this one. Unless someone has burnt 10 spindles of PAP6 and 10 spindles of PAPA and has evidence to prove there’s an undeniable consistency/quality for one of them, I’m just not convinced by anything.

Good burn though!

DVD-R is [B]M[/B]AP6 [[B]m[/B]inus; +R is [B]P[/B]AP6 for [B]p[/B]lus], and my MCC 03RG20 MAP6 aren’t too terrible, either. :wink:

I’m with Drage and the others here. :iagree:

I agree with you guys.

It is very difficult to make conclusion of the quality control due to their production site, even the scan of verbs which hub serial starts as PAPN/MAPN (Made in China) can also be good as well.

BTW, does anyone see any Prodisc made new packaging Verbs MCC004 (I only see MCC03RG20 in PC world and Curry’s made by Prodisc) selling in the market?

I have some Prodisc MCC004 in the newer packaging.

PAP6 discs I recently bought in a 100-pak are reasonably good (PIF spikes not exceeding 2 and totals in the 400s to low 500s when burned on my BenQ 1650 and scanned on a Litey), but they aren’t as good as PAPAs usually are. I still prefer PAPA when I can get them. :iagree:

At least the PAP6-hubcoded batches made since the fall of 2007 are quite good, even if the PIF total is slightly worse than their PAPA-hubcoded siblings. In particular, my particular PAP6-hubcoded 100-pack scanned with lower total PI error count and lower jitter than my most recent PAPA-hubcoded batches.

[quote=RJL65;2026559]At least the PAP6-hubcoded batches made since the fall of 2007 are quite good, even if the PIF total is slightly worse than their PAPA-hubcoded siblings. In particular, my particular PAP6-hubcoded 100-pack scanned with lower total PI error count and lower jitter than my most recent PAPA-hubcoded batches.[/quote]I agree they aren’t bad. Here’s a PAP6 burned just this morning at 12x on BenQ 1650. It’s definitely a keeper. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=RJL65;2026559]At least the PAP6-hubcoded batches made since the fall of 2007 are quite good[/QUOTE]

I got a hold of some of the earlier 2007 batches of PAP6 MCC004 Verbies and they were real
stinkers on burn quality and some of them even had playback issues. I went through all of my
MCC004 media and every thing that had the PAP6 code went in the garbage can or I gave them
away to anyone wanting them. I still have 1 spindle of PAPA MCC004 left and I have all but swore
off of buying and using any more MCC004 Verbies just to keep from getting any more of the crappy
PAP6 discs like I had before. :Z I only use MCC02RG20 or TYG02 discs now as my main discs and a
few CMC MAG 01 and CMC MAG AM3 as giveaway discs which burn as good or better in some cases
than the PAP6 discs did even if the CMC MAG’s are crappy discs to start with. :doh:

[QUOTE=getit29;2027111]I got a hold of some of the earlier 2007 batches of PAP6 MCC004 Verbies and they were real
stinkers on burn quality and some of them even had playback issues. I went through all of my
MCC004 media and every thing that had the PAP6 code went in the garbage can or I gave them
away to anyone wanting them. I still have 1 spindle of PAPA MCC004 left and I have all but swore
off of buying and using any more MCC004 Verbies just to keep from getting any more of the crappy
PAP6 discs like I had before. :Z I only use MCC02RG20 or TYG02 discs now as my main discs and a
few CMC MAG 01 and CMC MAG AM3 as giveaway discs which burn as good or better in some cases
than the PAP6 discs did even if the CMC MAG’s are crappy discs to start with. :doh:[/QUOTE]

I agree. PAP6-hubcoded Verbies made before the fall of 2007 are quite erratic in overall quality! :a

I got 4 100disc spindles ( [B]PAP6 New Packaging )[/B] are very good
but 50disc PAPA is very bad ( I test more than 10 spindle New Packaging )
and MCC 03RG20 New Packaging are much more worse ( MAP6 & MAP7 ) very hard to find MAPA

One more …My [B]100disc spindles PAP6 New Packaging[/B]
best Quality burn speed is 6X
4X or Above 6X burn speed … very bad Quality scan

@Burnsama - I’ll have to try slowing down my PAP6 burns some to see if I can get even better results than I do at 12x.

Ive had some they were flawless :slight_smile: