¿ myplextor?

vbimport

I received this mail:

We have updated our website with an improved Customer Relation database.
This will allow you to stay up to date with all of Plextor’s new product launches, promotions, newsletters and many more… all according to your own preferences.

A few of the current features:

• Subscribe to the Plextor newsletter
  • Choose the Plextor newsletter content you wish to receive (product info, promotions, etc…)
  • Updated Product Registration
  • Feedback Questionnaire: voice your opinion! Your idea’s and opinions matter!

Plextor respects your privacy!
To make sure your information is kept secure, we have implemented the following precautions:

• Your own User ID allows you to log on to the MyPlextor site through a secure connection
  • Your password is stored on our own server in oneway-encrypted format
  • Choose for yourself wether to receive the Plextor newsletter or not
  • Choose the contents of the newsletters we send you. You will receive information about the products you are interested in and nothing more. This way we can avoid sending you information you don’t need or want.
  • At any time you have the possibility to delete your registration at MyPlextor, without intervention from Plextor

“Why am I receiving this e-mail?”
As a loyal customer you once registered a product or filled in our questionnaire at www.plextor.be. Your personal information has been transferred to MyPlextor and is awaiting confirmation. (Your entry will be deleted from MyPlextor after 1 month if you do not confirm your registration)

Did anybody recieved too?
I see on the mail that my opinion matter, so I will tell them another time my opinion about pxlinux and pxscan problem.

I received that one too … Reminds me of MySony ! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

This is definitely something very, very positive! :clap:

Yah, right up there with “Your call is very important to us”.

It costs them nothing, putting the word “my” in it gives the customer the warm fuzzies, and they get your consent to spam you!

My guess is they’re feeling the heat from the Pxscan/pxlinux fiasco and they think something as lame as this is enough to turn it around. Typical marketing dept thinking.

This is definitely something very, very desperate! :bigsmile:

You’ve answered it.

“Why am I receiving this e-mail?”
As a loyal customer you once registered a product or filled in our questionnaire at www.plextor.be
I didn’t receive any, maybe because I didn’t register or fill any questionnaire?

This is why I don’t usually register my products. Who needs more spam?

My guess is they’re feeling the heat from the Pxscan/pxlinux fiasco and they think something as lame as this is enough to turn it around. Typical marketing dept thinking.

There is maybe a handfull Plextor customers that know about Pxscan, even fewer know about the conflict, and you think a multi billion corp like Plextor would base its marketing on a debacle in a unknown forum like this.

Get real.

Mh… didn’t you notice that cdfreaks was being slashdotted for this? :slight_smile:

Multi-billion? Unknown?

Another 1-post wonder troll…

Well, again my two cents: I’ve done the questionnaire for the second time because I want them to know that it is quality that matters and no paraphernalia. :slight_smile:

You don’t really believe that Plextor gives a rat’s a** about your opinion on quality, do you ?

If it remains my opinion only – you might be right. As well as you may stop swimming after a ship wreck because it’s all useless. :slight_smile: And that ship is nearly wrecked :-|.

For about how long? 6h? Most people who hopped over to read have probably forgotten about it by now …

There is a big difference between giving a rat’s a** about someones opinion and actually being able to do something accordingly. All of us here have plenty of opinion they would love to share with Plextor but about 99.99% of it stands a snowflakes chance in hell on the market.

I still stand by my comment, this is my 2nd post, happy ?