A method of shrinking Blu ray to BD-r

vbimport

After a few experiments, this seams to be an efficent way of creating Blu ray back ups.

1. Rip Blu ray movie to hard drive.
  2. Using Tsmuxer 1.84, browse stream folder for main movie and then make a new Ts file with the video and required sound track, 5.1 DD prefered.
    If its too big to fit a single layer BD-R, procede as below.
  3. Using Nero 8 with HD plugin start a new Blu ray movie project.
    Load the new Ts file from Tsmuxer. Set the video standard in Nero to NTSC.
    Enable smart encode. Select DD 5.1 for sound track. Select 2 pass encode if you wish (it will take a lot longer to encode).Tick ‘create chapters automatically’. Do a menu if you want one, i dont bother.
    Select a hard drive folder as your target.
    The encoding will take hours to complete!.
    If you leave Nero settings to auto it will produce an Mpeg2 video stream.
    If its a very long movie, select custom and choose Mpeg4.
    This will take even longer to encode. The finished video will be 29.97fps interlaced. Ive had good results so far.
    Hope this is helpfull!

[QUOTE=Suprasteve;2131583]After a few experiments, this seams to be an efficent way of creating Blu ray back ups.

1. Rip Blu ray movie to hard drive.
  2. Using Tsmuxer 1.84, browse stream folder for main movie and then make a new Ts file with the video and required sound track, 5.1 DD prefered.
    If its too big to fit a single layer BD-R, procede as below.
  3. Using Nero 8 with HD plugin start a new Blu ray movie project.
    Load the new Ts file from Tsmuxer. Set the video standard in Nero to NTSC.
    Enable smart encode. Select DD 5.1 for sound track. Select 2 pass encode if you wish (it will take a lot longer to encode).Tick ‘create chapters automatically’. Do a menu if you want one, i dont bother.
    Select a hard drive folder as your target.
    The encoding will take hours to complete!.
    If you leave Nero settings to auto it will produce an Mpeg2 video stream.
    If its a very long movie, select custom and choose Mpeg4.
    This will take even longer to encode. The finished video will be 29.97fps interlaced. Ive had good results so far.
    Hope this is helpfull![/QUOTE]

Can you use nero to trancode just the audio only ?
to like a ac-3 file. And leave the video hd ?

Hi
The method ive suggested allows large movies to be put onto single layer BD-R’s. The sound track once processed is DD5.1 448 Kb.
If you want to just do the audio on its own, Nero will do this if you select the audio reencode app from the smart start menu.
Also its possible to shrink down to dual layer dvd if you choose the dvd AVCHD option in Nero vision 5. The finished file may not play on PS3.
To solve this, put the stream file into Tsmuxer and select Blu ray output.
Its best to do this with movies under 2 hours for a reasonable result. The video size will be 1440x1080i and again 29.97fps.
All methods have been tested on PS3 and standalone players with a 50" plasma TV.

A guide with step by step and PICTURES would be nice.

1440x1080i is an odd size, why not making it 1920x1080 instead, or 720p?

I’ve tried the quick guide at the top on a couple of films over the weekend with very good results! :bow: :bow: Thanks a lot for posting a quick basic guide…Who needs step by step pictures :confused:

will try thanks

OK, just ripped to hard drive using AnyDvD, but neither Ripbot or Tsmuxer read the .img. What should I actually use to rip the disc (with AnyDvD in the background, of course)?

Hi
Sorry for the delay on replying.
Use Anydvdhd to rip files to hard drive.
Also an update on putting Blu ray on to single DVD Dual layer.
Load the final MTS file (found in the stream folder) made by Nero vision into Tsremux and select Blu ray as output. Tsmuxer doesnt support MTS files, sorry!. After that burn the usual way with either Nero or Imgburn.