A lot kinds of Ritek media, What I should be take?

Hi all,

I go to NewEgg.com because I want to choose a good media that burn @ 8x with my new burner ( LiteOn 811/851 )

I go to Ritek media, But I have 2 options, What I should be take?

I have this options:
1 - RIDATA DVD+R 4.7GB 4X, Model DRD+474-RDCB50 - OEM

2 - RIDATA DVD+R 4.7G 4X Single Sided Write Once Media Single Disc with Silver Matte Finish, Model “DRD+47-4X-RDSM” 50 Pack, OEM

What I should be take?

Thank you very much
Doctor Aziz

1. you have the wrong forum :slight_smile:

2. Check out the Ritek DVD-R thread on DVD Media Tests. They will give you a ballpark estimate on which is better for you based on your hardware :slight_smile:

They’re the same. Just different packaging. And maybe a different pattern on the top. Otherwise, should be the same. I got a friend who got some RiData cakeboxes, and they turned out to the Ricohs, just like the peope who got the red shrinkwrap version.

Thank You Very Much

Originally posted by code65536
They’re the same. Just different packaging. And maybe a different pattern on the top. Otherwise, should be the same. I got a friend who got some RiData cakeboxes, and they turned out to the Ricohs, just like the peope who got the red shrinkwrap version.

The Ritek shrinkwrapped media I got from Newegg were definitely Ritek - not Ricoh. Offhand, I’ve never seen a Ritek disc with a Ricoh media code - but I’ve seen lots of brands of media carrying a Ritek media code.

Originally posted by DonS
The Ritek shrinkwrapped media I got from Newegg were definitely Ritek - not Ricoh. Offhand, I’ve never seen a Ritek disc with a Ricoh media code - but I’ve seen lots of brands of media carrying a Ritek media code.

It varies. As I’ve said, I have friends who got 4x RiDatas that turned out to be Ricohs. And I recently got 2.4x RiDatas that turned out to be Riteks. The Riteks seem to use a different dye, as the coloring is much darker.

Hello, my first post in this forum.

I’m going to buy DVD-R Ritek G04 discs from www.bigpockets.co.uk but there are several to chose from… Would appriciate help in choosing the best disc. Right now I’m leaning towards the Datasafe disc, is that the right choice?

Here is the link to the discs

There is also a “page 2” with more discs.