A little update on "where" I've been

Hiya, folks. :slight_smile: I know, it’s been entirely too long with almost nothing from me.

Now, y’all know I started college 3 years ago. Just moved in for my 4th year yesterday. Well, when I started, I felt like I was adjusting well. Somewhere along the way, though, I kind of lost my way, like a lost sheep if you will. I was still focused on my studies, but I became especially focused on my studies in years two and three due to a few tough classes.

That probably doesn’t sound so bad, except I didn’t really realize that the more I focused, the less time I was giving myself to relax, de-stress, and do things I enjoyed (like come here and help folks). By the time my breaks would roll around (including my 1 month winter and 3 month summer breaks), I would promise myself that I’d try to do more of what I enjoyed again, but somehow I was still stuck thinking “Oh, gosh, I have to do this, that, and something else”…so I still never really let myself unwind.

So I ended up taking most of the time during my breaks to sort things out about myself & a few friendships. Until this summer, I didn’t realize that one of my friendships was actually adding stress, and I magnified it. :doh: So, 3 years into college, I finally decided to chill out.

I’m hoping that I can now maintain a better balance within my life, and not just go AWOL from everything. Now that I’m at a different university from the past 3 years, it’s kind of required. I’m thinking that I should be able to undo my magical disappearing act and show up here wayyy more often now. :iagree:

Oh. BTW. I am now in school (still undergraduate) for software engineering. I was a math major throughout year two, and changed pretty much at the tail end of year two. Last year was a wrap up at my previous school so I could get a degree from them as well as a degree from my current university once I finish here. (It doesn’t really help that much, but might look good, haha). Haven’t failed anything, thankfully, though I definitely had to struggle with a few obnoxious classes, LOL. :bigsmile:

So…hi, folks! I’ve missed you all. :flower:

/me pretends that he isn’t going to get many angry glares :eek:

side note: First, I’m fine. But moving into school yesterday, I got dehydrated, and actually had to go to the hospital. Let me tell you: It stunk. LOL. A great way to start my year. :wink:

Nice to see you back, I have missed seeing your comments.
I look forward to you being able to visit us more often
Best regards , Douglas.

Glad to see you “see” the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t a train…
Welcome home Catbert

[QUOTE=Albert;2599979]So…hi, folks! I’ve missed you all. :flower:
[/QUOTE]

And you’ve been missed here too. :flower:

Everyone has difficulties at times juggling conflicting priorities and unfortunately pressure can build up at an alarming rate if you’ve no form of release.

Glad to hear you’ve balanced things out more in your favour though and good to see you back. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Nice to have you back, Albert! :flower:

[QUOTE=Albert;2599979]Now that I’m at a different university from the past 3 years, it’s kind of required. I’m thinking that I should be able to undo my magical disappearing act and show up here wayyy more often now. :iagree:[/QUOTE] Uhm… did you enroll at Hogwarts?! :eek:

Hey Albert , Good to see you post again.
Keep the grades up though .

Welcome back to the madhouse Albert! We’ve missed you quite a bit round here.

WB Albert. :cool:

Welcome back Albert :bigsmile:

:eek:

[B]<-- lets Albert have one of his beers![/B]

…but only cos he´s a nice guy…Albert that is, not me!

:doh:

Thanks, y’all. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2599992] Uhm… did you enroll at Hogwarts?! :eek:[/QUOTE] Nope. Apparently, my previous school was somehow the Hogwarts of Alabama, so I could have gotten a few things from that. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2600000]Keep the grades up though .[/QUOTE]Of course. I love my >3 GPA too much to let it slide. :wink:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2600028][B]<-- lets Albert have one of his beers![/B]

…but only cos he´s a nice guy…Albert that is, not me!

:doh:[/QUOTE]Sweet! Wait…I did just turn 21. I don’t even know if I’ll like the taste. :eek:

Yo-

Remind me again-

Who are you? :confused:

Although we’ve definitely missed you :flower:, it’s good that you’ve been concentrating on your studies :iagree: - never thought you’d switch from mathS though. But software engineering sounds cool :smiley:

I know what you mean about one particluar friendship causing more stress - I was friends with a girl for about 5 years or so who did just that with me. Old old story, everyone else I knew saw it but me. But ending that friendship lifted a huge weight off me (although it seems you’ve managed to sort it without doing anything that drastic?).

Studying is definitely more difficult than a lot of folks imagine, I remember when I was studying and had a 12-hour a day job as well (most of my studies had to be done at home save for a couple of days a week). No time whatsoever for anything else though.

Sorry you had to go to hospital, but look at it this way: at least you got it done with before you got too settled LOL. :wink:

And Catbert hasn’t tasted a beer yet? Wow. :eek:

Recommendation from the West Country Kitty: have some cider sometime :bigsmile:

Ahhh college . . . seems like it was just yesterday that I was entering my final semester. Hard to believe it’s really been 17 years.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2600081]I know what you mean about one particluar friendship causing more stress - I was friends with a girl for about 5 years or so who did just that with me. Old old story, everyone else I knew saw it but me. But ending that friendship lifted a huge weight off me (although it seems you’ve managed to sort it without doing anything that drastic?).[/quote]Unfortunately, it ended, though not of my own accord. It was more of a bitter than sweet situation. :doh:

Sorry you had to go to hospital, but look at it this way: at least you got it done with before you got too settled LOL. :wink:

And Catbert hasn’t tasted a beer yet? Wow. :eek:

Recommendation from the West Country Kitty: have some cider sometime :bigsmile:

Exactly. And it was a great ice breaker. / Nope. I’ve only had a taste of wine. Just a little. I clearly hadn’t acquired the taste. :bigsmile: / I have sparking non-alcoholic cider in the fridge right now. I see we have similar brain waves. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2600099]I see we have similar brain waves. :iagree:[/QUOTE] Must resist making joke…must resist…must resist…FAIL! :doh:
The result of your CAT scan :stuck_out_tongue: