A little help

vbimport

clonecd 4.0.0.9 is not working correctly with my teac cd-w216 cd-rw drive...the drive is not in the compatibility list, but i get no error messages when i run clone cd, instead it just spits out coasters. The "information provided by the unit" states that the drive is incompatible with RAW-DAO. shouldn't it work anyways, though, at least for audio cds? (it doesnt.) also, is there any way to get around incompatibility with RAW-DAO and copy copy-protected games?

a couple notes: i don't think i'm doing anything wrong procedurally...i did the same thing on another computer and the discs came out fine. also, the cd writer and cds were both good, i have tested them, the problem is with the program.

any help is appreciated!

if clone cd dont work try using CD MATE or some other game backup program :slight_smile:

If the drive is not compatible with RAW-DAO try using RAW SAO… If you try to use RAW-DAO when the drive doesn’t support this it will make coasters regardless of what you’re trying to copy.

what i was wondering is how exactly do i change it from RAW-DAO to RAW-SAO?

Look, I have a complete mental blank at the moment but it’s either:

Right-click your burner in the ‘choose burner’ window, choose settings; gotta have a CD-R inserted before you can do this

or

it’s in the burn window when you select the image (or the next window)

sorry not at my PC right now!

ok, apparently it already was set to RAW-SAO. the program says that my burner is compatible with RAW-SAO, so why is it that when i try to copy a cd that does not have any copy protection i get coasters?

Originally posted by ethosiii
ok, apparently it already was set to RAW-SAO. the program says that my burner is compatible with RAW-SAO, so why is it that when i try to copy a cd that does not have any copy protection i get coasters?

No idea, but if the cd isn’t copy protected you can just use the cd copy function in a general program such as nero.

Originally posted by ethosiii
…so why is it that when i try to copy a cd that does not have any copy protection…
Which title?

yeah, i copied it using nero, but i’ll be needing to get around copy protection eventually… FutureProof: i was copying thief. and then i tried to copy an audio cd, i dont even remember which one, it was just as a test…and it didnt work. i downloaded cdmate in any case, havent got a chance to see if it works yet though…thanks for the help

well all as i know is that CD MATE is best for me when making backups of securom and securom new games.

easy to use just pick tha securom 1/2 profile they got in there and it checks all tha right settings then just read it to hard drive then burn it back onto a cd.

works great :slight_smile: i like it for securom games better than clone cd, but for all other protections i generally use CLONE CD cuase it is simple small program and good :slight_smile:

i have a lite-on 24102b drive with firmware 5S5A