A little help please

vbimport

Let me appologize in advance for my complete ignorance when it comes to computers. I hope that I provide enough information for you to help me.

I just got some new dvds. They are Taiyo Yuden 16X DVD-R 4.7GB Media Shiny Silver. My problem is that they came with a paper that says:

Caution: New Standard 16x Speed DVD-R
This product is not suitable for use with DVD-R/RW drives which do not comply with the new DVD-R specifications for 16x writing speed. Please check your DVD-R/RW drive before using this product. Any use with such non-complying drives may result in loss of data and/or malfuntion and damages to the drives…

As mentioned earlier, I not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff. Anyways, according to my Device Manager, the name of my drive is LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S. I’m fairly sure that it doesn’t meet the 16x requirements outlined by the paper that came with my dvds.

Is that paper with the warning just a formality to cover Taiyo Yuden or should I not use these dvds (assuming my drive isn’t combatible)? I was dumb enought of buy 200 of these dvds. Hopefully, I didn’t waste my money.

The latest firmware for the LiteOn SOHW-832S has support for Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 16x (TYG03) so it should work, provided you have the newest firmware.

How well it will work I cannot say; I neither have the drive nor the media to test it.

Dumb question, but how do I get the newest firmware.

Thanks for the response, I really do appreciate it.

Have a look here