A little disapointed with DVDFAB

vbimport

After a trial period with good success, I purchased Platinum +Mobile.
Then a problem.
The fist serious back up I made was with a 3 year old Seinfeld season 3 DVD.
First rip was avi(xvid + mp3) file and there were bad sound artifacts
( discussed on many recent posts on this forum). Then I tried avi(h264 + source audio) and this fixed the sound problems but introduced progressive loss of audio sync as the episode was played and volume ( can’t be adjusted in this setting ) was too low The DVD’s were purchased over 3 years ago and I would have expected that these sorts of problems would have been fixed by now or ,if not, some sort of disclaimer put on the purchase page of the website.

Maybe as a new user, I am being unreasonable with my expectations, and if this was a brand new DRM issue I could understand, but these discs are ‘old’ and would have thought the problems would have surfaced before now.

[QUOTE=Nosmo;2125453]After a trial period with good success, I purchased Platinum +Mobile.
Then a problem.
The fist serious back up I made was with a 3 year old Seinfeld season 3 DVD.
First rip was avi(xvid + mp3) file and there were bad sound artifacts
( discussed on many recent posts on this forum). Then I tried avi(h264 + source audio) and this fixed the sound problems but introduced progressive loss of audio sync as the episode was played and volume ( can’t be adjusted in this setting ) was too low The DVD’s were purchased over 3 years ago and I would have expected that these sorts of problems would have been fixed by now or ,if not, some sort of disclaimer put on the purchase page of the website.

Maybe as a new user, I am being unreasonable with my expectations, and if this was a brand new DRM issue I could understand, but these discs are ‘old’ and would have thought the problems would have surfaced before now.[/QUOTE]
No, I don’t think you’re being unreasonable at all. There have been some serious problems with the Mobile app for at least several of the more recent versions and…for more than a few users.

IMO, this has nothing to do with the copy protection or its age.
I believe it has everything to do with the application itself.
I have noticed that episodic dvds present more trouble for Fab…this is true of the some of the dvd to dvd modes as well, particularly “split” modes.

I have not experienced any problems myself, but my conversions are all for use on my Ipod
I have most of the Seinfeld dvds…right now I’m converting the first episode of S3 D1 using Generic “avi (h264 + source audio)”.
I’m just using the default settings (don’t know what your’re using)…I’ll let you know what my results are…

I have no idea how I can help, but if you want me to test a certain configuration, let me know.

Is it just me, or is the audio-encoder really wierd in 5.0.9.0? Everything except “audiocopy” results in bad audio.
And MKV-files seems to really make VLC mad (the seeking cursor just jumps back and forth).

Ok, I just played the converted files from my hdd…no problems at all, but I found I could not adjust the volume on the conversion either…I’ll take a closer look later on when I have a chance.

Played the files with VLC and WMP…no av sync problems…volume was ok and was adjustable with the player and pc in normal fashion.

[QUOTE=maineman;2125506]Ok, I just played the converted files from my hdd…no problems at all, but I found I could not adjust the volume on the conversion either…
.[/QUOTE]

This is what I used to fix the sound problems…same as you…Generic “avi h264 + source audio” I noted that this setting allows no adjustment for the audio…it just passes straight through.

Now this setting improved the sound and removed the odd noises others have complained about ,BUT, the sync started out perfect on each 23 minute episode but got progressively more out of sync as the movie developed.

Yeah, I actually never use generic…like I said, I convert strictly for Ipod and Ipod patched to a tv.
I’m not experiencing the progressively worsening av sync at all…:confused:

Right now I’m trying an episode using your original device “avi(xvid + mp3)”…although again, I don’t know your specific settings.

Could you post your settings used for both device profiles?

[QUOTE=maineman;2125700]

Could you post your settings used for both device profiles?[/QUOTE]

I used avi(xvid + mp3) , Generic ,1 pass encoding,1473 kbps 269 MB

Audio bitrate 128 and volume at 120%.

Winxp, SP3, 3.00 intel Duo core.

Please don’t spend too much time on this as I am sure its nothing the user can fix. In point of fact I have tried every possible combination and
nothing gives a combination of good sound and lip sync.

hi,

I have reply the problem about the bad sound in Seinfeld season DVD, I just is working at fix this problem, but this need time, please patient.

Thanks.