A LiteOn 16x PCAV burn in 5:25 - WOW!

Hehe, this is fun!!! :slight_smile: I can tell you one thing - I wasn’t sitting in front of the drive while it was burning. :disagree: Just call me chicken. :iagree: :bigsmile:

This patch will hopefully one day come your way for the 5S and later series of drives, as I doubt the 3S can provide the quality at this speed. Possibly next year if the drive checksum can be sorted. Of course discs flying apart, has to be considered.

What next. Maybe an even faster 12x burn speed or maybe an 18x read speed or even an 18x burn :eek:. What do you think??!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you should take a look inside the the New Plextor 760A, they have found a way to burn at 18x on a 16x disc.

Yeah, I know that. If I turn off the PCAV point, this one will burn at 18x as well. :wink:

WOW as always :eek:

Anyway it’s good to see that maybe in some day my 1635 and brand new 16H5 will have something different inside :wink:

EDIT: I was already forgotten my 1693 :o

Congrats!

I’m willing to test it voluntarily… :flower:

Probably just a bit unlucky that it wasn’t a successful burn. :wink:

Maybe my drive will unlock the luck? :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

@CodeKing

What quaility the end of that burn looks fairly stuffed to me :stuck_out_tongue: and what do you mean a 3S drive might not be able to achieve the same quality, this 16x burn on my 1693S is not to bad, http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1188612&postcount=21, I think that I to could create that giant spike with this drive.
:iagree: :smiley:

Huh!!! That burn came from a 1693S drive and yes, as you put it, it’s stuffed at the end - so, like I said, the quality result from a 3S drive is not good enough to handle this speed. :wink:

What about 5S handling?

@CodeKing
Whoops sorry about that, I didn’t look at the drive model used to make the burn, I thought you had used a 5S drive to make that mountain. :o :flower: :kiss:

Going by my 16x results with the 5S drive it should be good for this speed and possibly 18x as well, but I can’t try it until I can figure out the new 5S checksum, which when corrupted, stops the drive from writing the leadout. :frowning:

@IceBerg
That’s cool. :slight_smile:

Ok. I’ll might be patient then :wink:

Hmm, 18x may not be possible as the EFM clock PLL comparator only seems to allow a maximum of 16.60x. There’s a second chipset location that I need to figure out yet, which may allow it but I’ve used up all of my MCC004, so last thing I fine tuned the 16x PCAV curve to this for the beta release:

C0deKing, 10 seconds more and you will beat the LG 4163 record of 5:15 16x PCAV. :slight_smile:

Hehe, it’s tempting but I think the LiteOn is a bit slower in the training stage. Maybe the 5S will be quicker. :wink:

Wow, looks good. I thought exactly what zevia posted when I read the thread title. :wink:

was the LG record readable?

so no patch for the 3S drives like the 1653? sad lol

but i will take quality 12-16x burns over time anyday

This patch has now moved to the beta phase. Please see this thread for further information about this patch.