"A LightScribe disc was not detected in the drive."

I just bought a LiteOn external 24X DVD writer model eHAU424-08 with LightScribe Support. Also bought 100 Taiyo Yuden white inkjet hub 8X DVD-R discs. Yesterday I downloaded “LightScribe Template Labeler” from LightScribe.com.

I burned a DVD, then flipped the disc over to burn the LightScribe label. After creating the label I clicked on “Preview & Print” then got a message that says: “A LightScribe disc was not detected in the drive. Please insert a disc with the label side down” (4114)

I retried it several times after wiping the label side of the disc (it was already clean.) Same result…??? :confused:

You have to use disks that are made for lightscribe not the inkjet printable ones.

Well, call me stupid…so I guess I would need a special printer (I have a Dell Photo 924) in order to print on these discs?? So I guess I’m stuck with 100 discs that I’ll be putting adhesive labels on.:sad:

[QUOTE=BurnBabyBurn!;2481282]Well, call me stupid…so I guess I would need a special printer (I have a Dell Photo 924) in order to print on these discs?? [/quote]Yes. :iagree:

So I guess I’m stuck with 100 discs that I’ll be putting adhesive labels on.:sad:
You don’t want to do that. :disagree:

Michael

I’ve been using adhesive labels for a few years now. It’s either that or use the old “Magic Marker.” I won’t be buying another printer just for a few labels. Don’t see another alternative…??

[QUOTE=BurnBabyBurn!;2481303]I’ve been using adhesive labels for a few years now.[/quote]–> http://club.myce.com/f33/sticky-paper-labels-dvd-r-discs-beware-173236/

It’s either that or use the old “Magic Marker.” I won’t be buying another printer just for a few labels. Don’t see another alternative…??
Use the markers instead of labels.

Michael

Thanks for the information. I’ll be checking the discs from a few years back now to see if they’re ok.
I guess I’d better pull out the old SHARPIE.

[QUOTE=BurnBabyBurn!;2481282]Well, call me stupid…so I guess I would need a special printer (I have a Dell Photo 924) in order to print on these discs?? So I guess I’m stuck with 100 discs that I’ll be putting adhesive labels on.:sad:[/QUOTE]

Use the irreplaceable (sp) Sharpie!