Á€·how to make tv series dvd?

i want to make many videos into dvd.
now i used dvdlab pro but i can’t combine many videos into dvd 5.
the quality is so bad. i want to add about 20 hours dvd.
how can i make it in normal quality.:sad:

Hi and Welcome!

you can get approx. 2~3 hours of video (in normal quality) onto a DVD5. 20hrs does not work without lossy compression accompanied by poor quality.

Michael

I get around 6h without noticable loss with DVD-Lab Pro and afterwards DVDShrink if needed.
Don’t let DVD-Lab do the shrinking. It does a poor job.
Anyway, 20h is just impossible with anything near acceptable quality.
That’d look horrible even on my 7" Car-Navigator :slight_smile:

I think that 20 hours of video are impossible to fit in a SL DVD disc using MPEG2 encoding (DVD video). Either you limit the time duration or you can try with another codec, with higher compression, such as xvid. Even then, 20 hours is too much to ask for a good quality video. In MPEG2, I suggest to keep a maximum of 3 hours per SL disc to get decent quality.

[QUOTE=naytun;2296719]i want to make many videos into dvd.
now i used dvdlab pro but i can’t combine many videos into dvd 5.
the quality is so bad. i want to add about 20 hours dvd.
how can i make it in normal quality.:sad:[/QUOTE]

Like the others said, there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to put that much video onto a single DVD5 without an extremely severe loss in quality. (And even putting 20 hours of videos onto a single double-layer DVD9 is a long stretch.) This is because higher-quality videos will always use up much more space than ultra-low-quality videos to begin with.

Also, those “TV Series DVDs” are actually multiple discs inside a single box, usually containing four (for those so-called “hour-long” shows, whose actual running time averages between 45 and 50 minutes) to as many as eight (for “half-hour”, actually 20-minute, shows) episodes per disc.