A great new utility will allow Liteon/Jlms firmware to flash ANY drive!

The firmware update utility of Liteon/Jlms drives will sometime refuse to flash the drive.
E.g: It will not allow to “downgrade” the firmware or to reflash with the same firmware
version and it will refuse most OEM drives.

The Flashfix utility will patch many Liteon/Jlms Windows based firmware utilities
so as to allow them to flash ANY drive.
It does not change the firmware itself, it disables the checking function of the flasher.

We know it works with all Ltd-165/166 firmwares and with most Liteon CDRW firmwares too!!
As of now it won’t patch the ltd122/163 dvd range.
How to know for sure? If you need such a fix, just try it!

It is very simple and quick to run but it’s up to you not to do anything stupid with it!
Just make 100% sure the firmware you patch is compatible with your drive, and when you run
the actual flash be absolutely sure to select the right drive.

WARNING: The firmware you fix will “agree” to flash ANY drive on your system!
If you select a wrong drive from the drop-down menu it might damage that drive!

Acknowledgement:
Many many thanks to Dale who wrote Flashfix and kindly made it available for all to use!

Get it at my site and please report any success or failure,

Cheers, and have fun! :cool:

It can do nothing more than mtkflash :confused:

I was expecting that :wink:
It does it’s job in Windows environment and it doesn’t need a binary firmware.

It’s not that I advocate flashing in Windows, but some don’t like/can’t go to dos. Some don’t even know what dos is…
:stuck_out_tongue:

DOS is our friend, DOS is fun!

But seriously folks, If this works well it’ll be a handly tool for the DOS-challenged flashers. Of course,

it’s up to you not to do anything stupid with it!
may be wishful thinking, and it’s MTKFlash that will rescue the stupid people.
Question, will the Windows flasher do any harm to non-Mediatek drives?

You still have to know some DOS commands in order to use his program in the console :confused. It works for Lite-ON versions of the windows flasher only. You are pretty much just allowed to bypass these errors:

so that you can get to this screen and choose any drive. I used it o the Lite-ON SS08.exe and it allowed me past so I tried to update my Creative Labs DVD1241e which also has an MTK chip and works with mtkflash, but it didn’t work since the drive requires that two separate banks are flashed. See the errors below:

The modified flasher could potentially try to flash other drives like an ASUS or an older series Lite-ON drive or something.:

Well I think this obviously assumes the user knows what they’re doing :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice program though! Will make upgrading/downgrading a simpler process!

Very useful proggy, indeed. I have a Lite On 48125w and an Aopen crw2440 (24x). The Aopen is dead (bad flash). My question is if there is some way to flash my old Aopen with this utility, with it’s firmware, and recover it. Is this possible, or it only works with Mediatek chipset drives? Also, is there any way to make the Lite On flash utility use any firmware, instead of the one that is built in the .exe file?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Mc Tanza
Very useful proggy, indeed. I have a Lite On 48125w and an Aopen crw2440 (24x). The Aopen is dead (bad flash). My question is if there is some way to flash my old Aopen with this utility, with it’s firmware, and recover it. Is this possible, or it only works with Mediatek chipset drives?

Yes the drive has to have an mtk chipset.

Also, is there any way to make the Lite On flash utility use any firmware, instead of the one that is built in the .exe file?

I’m glad you asked. Look forward to something in a few days :D:bigsmile:

a muahahahahha. Sounds like you’ve got something devious planned.:slight_smile:

That’s what the point of this thread was, I never got anything sent to me so I guess I have them all.

Hehe dhc014, thanks for the quick answer and the info. It’s a shame that I can’t use the program to recover my Aopen. Anyway, if you need the firmware from the TDK 40x model (my current burner OC’ed to a 48125w), just drop me a line, and I’ll be glad to email it to you. Bye!

I’ll take it, maybe for a future version… dhc014@firmware-flash.com

Thanks for the tool.

Worked fine with mine 48126s

I flashed it to a 52246s and back again to a 48126s.

No problems at all…good work !

Thanks for reporting 1.Master :cool:

Most members here are die hard experienced freaks and a tool like this is not exactly what they were waiting for - Mtkflash can do it all… But I was hoping they are the ones who will not be afraid to try it and send useful feedback.

Dale and I can only test it on the couple of drives we have…

Cheers :wink:

just tested it on an overclocked 48246S that has 52246S on it

I fixed 6s07.exe and Ss09.exe
Flashed it back to a 48x with ss09 then flashed it to 6s07 no problems here…

Great stuff Goofydave! :smiley:

Many thanks for this double test :cool:

I also had a mate try out my 6s07.exe on his 48126S and its worked too …

And tomoz I will know if it worked with Vs08.exe on my mates 40125S to 48125W
(he’s gonne flash when he logs off tonite to sleep)

fantastic tool. both my mates were a bit hesitant on doin the dos thing even after i explained how easy it was… this way they both instantly wanted me to send them the files needed :slight_smile:

gr8 work :bow: :bow: :bow:

try dosflash32 1.4, it requires no dos knowledge and works with a number of dead flash drives providing you have the right via chipset

do you really think he needs this information after almost six years?

:doh:

Welcome to 2002! :cool: