A great Nero alternative...?

vbimport

I was searching the net earlier for more Nero alternatives when I came across an app I hadn’t seen yet. It’s called Infra Recorder. And yes, it’s free.

Download size: 1.9 MB
RAM usage: 8-9 MB

The interface is clean and intuitive. It obviously doesn’t have as many features but for those concerned with basics and a small footprint, I think this may work well.

Main site: http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
Download: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=175271

Let me know your thoughts…

Looks OK.

Another to consider is CDBurnerXP Pro.

It looks very nice. I tried burning a DVD which is according to the homepage supported it didn’t work. Maybe I’ve done something wrong…

i tried it and its ok…got some bugs still…
i just use imgburn for all images/dvd video/all data disc and burrrn for all audio :slight_smile:

Although not free-Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 is a worthy contender. It is a no-frills, do most everything program. Works with virtually all CD/DVD drives and media on the market. I completely replaced Roxio/Sonic and Nero programs in favor of this.

Yep it is a great application.

I as looking for a smaller program though, something like burnatonce , which can be integrated into windows and be used with right clicking files ie right click-> add to burn list or something, without having to execute the program first.

Any ideas?

There is a very good program, which is now open source, that I think can do just what you are asking. It’s called CDRTFE. It’s homepage is here. I like it very much. It seems to do everything I need it to do, including creating bootable discs, which ONES cannot do.

tried it, seems pretty cool, it has the shell integration that i needed thanx. Now of only i could just avoid it from popping up every time i right-click-add something to the list :slight_smile:

I’m sorry. I’m not understanding what your problem is. Can you please describe it for me?