A Good Year

vbimport

Anyone made a backup of this dvd and if you did ,did you make sure it played? This one seems to have something wierd and can make you think it’s right but will start then go to directors talking back and forth. I got the movie only and just wondering what anyone else’s experience was.

Is Nobody working on this one. I ended up using Recode with anydvd running. Recode gives you the message about there being more on this thing(something like that) and I picked only one and it seems to have worked. Did anyone get this thing to backup just using shrink with Anydvd running?

It does have some weird navigational structure, but I had no trouble ripping it with Decryptor and nothing else. Re-authored with Shrink. There’s 2 main titles showing, but the smaller one is the main movie. I’m not sure what the other one is. But the main movie will be less than DVD5 size with one audio track.

Should get it in the mail today. Will report back later.

Got 1:1 on Double Layer Verb with CloneCD using aBenQ1655. Perfect backup. Good movie. Scott and Crow are a good team.

Whisperer

No problems with AnyDVD/CloneDVD.

@ibglowin Did you do full or movie only? The problem with anydvd and shrink shows up trying to do the full dvd. Iwas wondering if it also showed up in the anydvd and clonedvd full copy.

Problems between Anydvd and Shrink generally do not exist with Anydvd and Clonedvd for full movie backups.

I know it’s usually only a shrink problem but this was a very unusual dvd. I tried dvdfab decrypter platinum and had wierd results also. Since I didn’t have clonedvd I was curious as to what it’s results would be.

Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select “status” on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

Ripped it with AnyDVD/DVD Dycrypter combo, no problems. I made a full backup with CloneDVD and it seemed absolutely fine. Made a Main feature backup and that’s where the fun began. Got a backup with interviews and extras mixed in. Opened the file in Vobblanker and ran it through that then opened in Shrink and saw the problem.

There are indeed 2 main features (what a waste of real estate) one that has the garbage and one without. I just picked the good one and backed it up with Shrink (no compression needed).

If you use Shrink and take the garbage one out (replace with image) you should have plenty of room for a full backup including extras with little or no compression.

Shrink can open this without running it through VOBblanker BUT it see’s the movie as one huge file that can’t be seperated. After running through VOBblanker you get 2 distinct files that can be dealt with individually in what ever way you want.

If you aren’t using either VOBblanker or FixVTS these days you should.

I’ll say it again just see if anyone is actually reading in here.

You do not need AnyDVD to rip this movie, turn it off. Rip it with Decryptor and open it with Shrink. Open the movie only in the re-author pane and you will see 2 titles. Select the smaller of the 2 and you have the movie.

I think we are all reading here. It’s just interesting seeing the results from the various programs and combination of programs.

Several people have posted success using Anydvd here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2112

I have a question that I’m hoping someone can help me with. I’m making a copy of A Good Year using CloneDvd and AnyDvd. When I open Clone it shows 2 different lengths of the movie…one is around 1 hr 57 min and the other is around 2hr 21 min…can anyone tell me if I need both or what the deal is? When I play the dvd in my dvd player it doesn’t show any option for extended version or anything like that. Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks,
John

Take the shorter one.

Why please?

The shorter one contains the movie only whereas the longer one contains the movie plus the special feature scattered throughout the movie.