A Good (FREE) Audio Editor?

Hey all… hoping I could get pointed in the direction of a good, and free/cheap audio editor… I have been using an old Goldwave for years now for my basic mp3/wav chopping needs (like making those pesky hidden tracks their own mp3 for itunes) but looking for something new :slight_smile: Any ideas?

Audacity… give it a try… free and powerful.

thank you for the quick reply! Will look it up now

How is Audacity free? I downloaded it and any audio that I edit, has crap audio layed over the top by the audacity software… It says you have to pay for the software in order to save edited files. Do you know something that I don’t???

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2195732][B]How is Audacity free?[/B] I downloaded it and any audio that I edit, has crap audio layed over the top by the audacity software… It says you have to pay for the software in order to save edited files. Do you know something that I don’t???[/QUOTE]
You sure you got the right one?

[I]Audacity® is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.[/I]

[I]Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).[/I]

[I]Programs like Audacity are also called open source software, because their source code is available for anyone to study or use. [/I]

There is also Wavosaur, and also with vst-plugin support…
http://www.wavosaur.com/

Hi,[quote=harley2ride;2195732]How is Audacity free? I downloaded it and any audio that I edit, has crap audio layed over the top by the audacity software… It says you have to pay for the software in order to save edited files. [/quote]So you got some modified version from some dubious site. Not the real stuff.

Do you know something that I don’t???
The original can be obtained from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
And perhaps it is a good idea to notifiy the Audacity team about the fraudulent version you got from somewhere else.

Michael

So far the version I downloaded has worked wonderfully… and to think I had that OLD Goldwave for so long lol

I’ve used Audacity to make ringtones, fade in/out, etc for a few years now, and it usually handles stuff well for me. And it’s always been free. :slight_smile:

I will look and see if I can find where I downloaded mine from, and notify soundforge if that be the case… :slight_smile:

[LEFT]FlexiMusic Wave Editor is a solid program with which users can accomplish more than just basic sound recording and editing.[/LEFT]

[quote=snow90;2212225][LEFT](spam link removed) is a solid program with which users can accomplish more than just basic sound recording and editing.[/LEFT]
[/quote]grab your dictionary and read what “FREE” (as requested in the orignial post) means. :cop:

eg
thanx heheh

Audacity has been perfect
peace,
The Buk

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live” - Charles Bukowski