A few words about the new testing forums

You may have noted the addition of new sub-forums for media tests. This is a work in progress, so please be a little patient with us.
Our goal is to create a new database of media tests, based on the media maker and ATIP, that will lend itself to being searched for media type and burner model.
Feel free to use this thread for comments and suggestions as this new feature is developed. OCFreak and myself will be working to make it as user-friendly as is possible.

There will soon be different threads for each media maker, but it will take some time for us to copy and split the existing threads into the new threads, and it is certain that some previous posts will have to be deleted and edited to comply with the required format. We hope that the result will be something very unique that you cannot get anywhere else. We also hope that we are not driven insane in the process.

Thanks for your attention, and please keep checking the sticky threads in the new forums for updates.

good idea

ty for the time you guys spend…i appriciate it

:bow:

I’m currently working on moving posts from the old CDR/RW test threads to the new ones. Many of the old posts have multiple tests, and need to be edited to fit the format of the new test threads.
If you have posts in the old threads, you can do us a HUGE favor by re-posting them in the new threads, and also deleting the old posts.
Some old posts will either be deleted or possibly left in the old threads and locked. I don’t want anyone to lose credit for their posts. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. If you’re not sure how to format a post for the new threads, read the sticky or just post it and I’ll fix it.

Things are starting to take shape in there, but it’ll be a week or so before it’s really “ready for prime time”.

I’ve tried a few searches, and it seems to be working quite well. Searching for posts instead of threads, you can search by drive model or firmware, media speed/brand/maker or even ATIP numbers. Searching for multiple items will give more specific results.
Try it and let us know what you think.