There are a few things that I want to understand but I haven’t found any good information on the net.
My questions are as follow:
- What exactly is firmware and what is it used for?
- What does RAW-mode reading and writing mean?
- What is a EFM-encoder? How does it work?
- The physical signatures used by some CD-protections is not posible to recreate right? But it must be posible to read them, how can this be?
- Exactly what is a sector? A special ammount of bytes?
- What is a bad sector? (do not aswer a unreadable sector) why is it not readable if you do not use RAW-mode?
I hope someone can answer atleast a few of these questions. Sorry for my bad english, english isn’t my native language.