A few points I need clarified please

vbimport

First I would like to say thank you to all who have taken the time to create this forum and help those of us to better back up our own software which is our right.

I have learned alot but still have a few questions for the experts out there.....

1. What is the difference in CloneCD4 with fast error skip ON and fast error skip AUTOMATIC settings?

2. Which is the best Windows OS to burn copies from - Millenium or XP? I have two drives, each with one OS installed and I want to know if I should do all my coping from a particular OS?

3. In XP, How much does the ROXIO software that is built in effect CloneCD4? I have read that I should disable it but I really like the convience of quick copying files in the windows explorer and I dont want to disable it if i dont have to...

Any answers will be most appreciated. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

1. What is the difference in CloneCD4 with fast error skip ON and fast error skip AUTOMATIC settings?

Automatic turns off FES once it is no longer needed.

1. Which is the best Windows OS to burn copies from - Millenium or XP? I have two drives, each with one OS installed and I want to know if I should do all my coping from a particular OS?

It shouldn’t make a difference, with CloneCD.

1. In XP, How much does the ROXIO software that is built in effect CloneCD4? I have read that I should disable it but I really like the convience of quick copying files in the windows explorer and I dont want to disable it if i dont have to…

I think this was a problem just with Nero, but I’m not sure. But CloneCD works fine for me with this feature on or off.

A small addition: for question one read this page :wink:

Ok thanks for the help. I gather from the article that the fast error skip AUTOMATIC is the way to go. It turns FES on and off as needed. Am I correct in this assumption or is it better to just leave it ON all the time?

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]

Automatic turns off FES once it is no longer needed.

[/B]

And not to forget: It doesn’t turns it on UNLESS it is needed. This can be very important. Think about these hard to read weak sectors…