A few more firmwares

I just provided another bunch of firmware updates. Probably not too many to follow. :frowning:

The following firmwares have been uploaded

[ul]
[li]Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.01 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch - now compatible with newer generation drives
[/li] [li]Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.Z6 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch - only compatible with -CB drives (mainly used for duplicator devices)
[/li] [li]Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.Z7 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch - only compatible with -CB drives (mainly used for duplicator devices)
[/li] [li]Optiarc AD-7280S firmware 1.60 (Sony OEM) including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
[/li] [li]Optiarc AD-7710H firmware 1.V0 including Riplock, Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
[/li] [li]Optiarc AD-7740H firmware 1.S0 including Riplock, Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
[/li][/ul]

Also there is a flasher executable from Optiarc that should be compatible with most of their drives. Just in case you want to have an alternative to Binflash.

Great work Liggy.
Maybe it’s time to get a x28xS drive as spare to my 7200A.

Got my AD-7280S on Saturday and burn quality is miles away from my AD-7201S :frowning:

Even my LiteOn iHBS112 seems to be doing a better job

OK, how about CD-R scanning? is it any good on that part?

Not tested that one yet.

Currently back to using the AD-7201S as burner and the ND-3540A as scanner :slight_smile:

Wow. I love my AD-7280s with CMC Mag E01 at 8x. I get 50 to 60 total failures.

I’m only using MCC004 for quite a while. Tried burning them at 8x and 12x.

Could be that the error rates are lower, when scanned on a LiteOn drive. But with my NEC ND-3540A and even on the AD-7280S itself, error rates are much higher compared to the AD-7201S.

I do scan with iHAS-324. Checked the last disk I burned (a full Disk) and it was a worse than usual 118 total PIF. But you inspired me to dig out my Sony DRU-V204A and I burned the same movie using the same media and got 131 total PIF. So they are close.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2653182]Got my AD-7280S on Saturday and burn quality is miles away from my AD-7201S :frowning:
[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the AD-5280S-CB-PLUS or AD-5280S-CB-ROBOT, yet?

Nope. But I could try crossflashing to one of these drives. However I don’t think that this will change burn quality.

i got an AD-7740H but the firmware version according to nero infotool is 1.X0. Is it safe to flash 1.S0?

here’s a firmware dump: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/1.X0.bin

As long as Binflash doesn’t refuse flashing, it should be quite safe to update with 1.S0. I’ll try to do some patching during the following weekend again, so maybe I manage to release patched 1.X0 versions until Monday.

any progress on this?

Unfortunately not. Cannot give an estimated date, but rest assured that I will work on these firmwares.

[QUOTE=negritude;2654950]Have you tried the AD-5280S-CB-PLUS or AD-5280S-CB-ROBOT, yet?[/QUOTE]

I have. Waiting for ala42 to let me do some strat swapping and try to fix it. Not in the AD-720X ballpark yet. Not even in the same town :(.