A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'

vbimport

Since the thread about Phil Robertsons suspension started out in the "Latest Headline News " or somewhere other than the “Political subforum”. I’m not 100% sure it was in the News forum.
I’m posting the lifting the suspension news here as a follow up.
Also the original thread was closed.
This is the follow up article:

I guess A&E responded to the emails they got (mine included) & other pressure to lift the suspension.

The bean counters sorted it out.

[QUOTE=UTR;2714754]The bean counters sorted it out.[/QUOTE]
That’s exactly it. Freaks and bigots sell. Basically any controversy does. Example: ‘Phil Robertson’ generates an impressive 481 Million+ Google hits. ‘Miley Cyrus’, on the other hand, over 839 Million. Doesn’t make them right. Just popular. I for one am glad this publicity stunt is over. :iagree:

me to

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2714757]That’s exactly it. Freaks and bigots sell. Basically any controversy does. Example: ‘Phil Robertson’ generates an impressive 481 Million+ Google hits. ‘Miley Cyrus’, on the other hand, over 839 Million. Doesn’t make them right. Just popular. I for one am glad this publicity stunt is over. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

A&E has been trying to rein in the religious aspect of the show from day one. They were somewhat successful when it wasn’t as popular but now they have little say in the matter. Also, they now know that getting rid of one Robertson over religious reasons will likely mean they will all walk. At this point A&E needs the Robertsons way more than the Robertsons need A&E. They were filthy rich before the show started and now they are mega filthy rich, massively popular and have a rabid fan base. The Robertsons lost nothing over this episode and gained quite a lot. A&E, on the other hand, showed they don’t know the reality TV business, and the makeup of their viewership, nearly as well as they want us to think they do.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2714757] Freaks and bigots sell. [/QUOTE]

Since members on the forum used to be called cdfreaks it’s hard to take exception with freaks.
To me when the word bigot is used (except in extereme cases) it points the same word back at the user. The user being intollerent of the views or something else about the person he lables a bigot.

A word more suited to Hitler or David Duke.

To quote Wombler:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2714777]Civility is always possible and I can see no valid reason for anyone diverting from this.

So regardless of opinions, politeness is always a requirement here. [/QUOTE]

IMO bigot is neither civil or polite.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2714757] I for one am glad this publicity stunt is over. :iagree: [/QUOTE]

I don’t think this was a publicity stunt & this is why.
Phil Robertson would do the same thing again even if he didn’t get the suspension lifted . His family did this time & would again support him by joining him again in the suspension even if it meant the show was cancelled.

On the other hand I do think A&E turned it into a publicity stunt for their own purpose . If they were taking a real stand they would have went ahead & cancelled the show reguardless of income loss from doing so.That & other networks already making offers for the show.
A&E decided not to lose the money.

It’s a show people. It’s just a show.