A DVDRip.Xvid.AC3 won't play in Bluray player

vbimport

A DVDRip.Xvid.AC3 will not play in DVD on my standalone Bluray player but will play on USB on that player and from the DVD drive of computer under VLC

Does anyone known why this is?

Because the player is picky about what specifications it wants in xvid video. You are lucky it plays from the usb connector.

Look at the manual of your player, and find out the exact specifications it needs in divx or xvid files. Then examine the file you have now with MediaInfo and find what it has that your player doesn’t like. Warppoints and Qpel are two things to look for, since most stand alone players won’t accept that in the encoding.

By the way, dvdrip.xvid.ac3 is a term used for dvds converted to xvid, usually in avi containers, then shared illegally through torrents. If you had included the specific name of this movie, I would have shut this thread down immediately. We do not discuss illegally distributed media on this site.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2611144].

By the way, dvdrip.xvid.ac3 is a term used for dvds converted to xvid, usually in avi containers, then shared illegally through torrents. [/QUOTE]always? are you accusing me of having illegal torrents

I’m telling you that illegally downloaded materials are not discussed here. Those are the rules. You can check out our guidelines for copyright protected materials here: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/

You haven’t included anything specific…nothing that proves that this file is from a copyright protected source. But I’ve never seen a file with that designation that wasn’t.

You are getting a bit of leeway as it is. And a reminder for future inquires on video files.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2611157]
You haven’t included anything specific…nothing that proves that this file is from a copyright protected source[B]. But I’ve never seen a file with that designation that wasn’t. [/B]
.[/QUOTE]And just because you have never seen it means it isn’t?

In this forum, yes.

We’re not idiots. And we don’t let anyone push the boundaries beyond a reasonable understanding of what exists out in the torrents.

If you want to discuss video files in this forum, you’ll do so without leaving fingerprints from illegal sources.

If you think this is arbitrary, go talk to one of the Admins or Senior Admins. Though I warn you some of them are not nearly as nice as me.

If you have anything else to add to me specifically, do so in a pm, not this thread.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2611163]In this forum, yes.

We’re not idiots. And we don’t let anyone push the boundaries beyond a reasonable understanding of what exists out in the torrents.

If you want to discuss video files in this forum, you’ll do so without leaving fingerprints from illegal sources.

If you think this is arbitrary, go talk to one of the Admins or Senior Admins. Though I warn you some of them are not nearly as nice as me.

If you have anything else to add to me specifically, do so in a pm, not this thread.[/QUOTE]Since you accuse in public i WARN IN IN PUBLIC. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DEFAME ON THE INTERNET
Your senior admins should note that too

No qpels and no warppoints according to media info

You were warned not to continue this discussion in public, but to take your case to the admins.

Failure to follow this simple instruction has led to your current situation, which is a sinbin.

I’m closing this thread as well.