A computer with no fan

Is it possible to make a pc without any fans? Or like maybe one really really tiny silent fan. It would be interesting. I guess you would have to underclock it. I was also wondering if you could harm computers by underclocking them too much? Maybe you would have to turn the core voltage down or something.

watercool it without a fan on the radiator

it is possible t use watercooling, but your powersupply will have a fan

u can run a via c3 cpu without fans(not recommended for gaming) hell ive run one without a heatsink for a week straight and it survived without fire or burning silicon smell u dont have to have fans in a psu if ur skilled enough to know how to watercool one of them too :slight_smile: btw the via eden system come from the factory with only a psu fan and they are dead silent almost

you can run a pentium 3 without a fan, just a heatsink. The real problem would be power supply, I can’t think of one that doesn’t have a fan. I would recommend if you go the p3 route or any computer with no fans that you run it open case so it at least gets some air flow.

Tim

Does anyone know how much noise the cappuccino computers make? Seems like there website is down right now but here is a link. I’d think it would make about as much sound as a dreamcast.

http://www.saintsong.com.tw/english/products/Cappuccino/tx3/tx3.htm

Originally posted by damiandimitri
it is possible t use watercooling, but your powersupply will have a fan

no you can watercool the PSU too

if you try to use just a heatsink without a fan on a pentium 3 it wont work only the tulatin p3 run cool enough to be passivly air cooled and even then most of the servers that use that configuration have a fan in the back of the case pulling air across the heatsink

Not true, I have a P3 866 came with HP vectra using only a heatsink. Which is really the way I prefer it since it works well enough, no loud fans so it’s a nice computer for watching DVDs

but with no fan the temps in the cpu are higher and for ever 10 degrees celcius higher the temps are you cut the lifespan in half according to intels own white papers

Then again … it could be all wrong (Referring to the last paragraph)