A BIG "F" You to Newegg

It’s been two weeks since UPS “lost” my package. The local hub said the package made it on to the drivers truck, but it somehow disappeared. I guess packages do just fall off trucks. I’ve sent Newegg emails regarding the status of my lost package claim and they have not even responded yet. Actually, I sent several emails but no reply. Needless to say, I won’t be doing anymore biz with Newegg.

This is the 3rd package UPS has lost in 18 months. It has never taken this long to complete a claim. So UPS deserves a BIG “F” YOU too.

:clap::clap:

No tracking numbers?
No law suit material? You insured the packages?
What responsibility is newegg and/or UPS taking for this, if not, why not. Take a close look at their legal documents and check if they actually are legal.

Why is it Newegg’s fault? They didn’t lose your package. I’ve done a lot of business with Newegg and found them to be one of the best when it comes to customer service. If Newegg is not answering your emails try going to resellers.com and complain on Neweggs forum. It might help you get a reply from them. Good Luck hope UPS finds or replaces your package.

Once UPS took possesstion of the package it became their responsibility.Make a claim with UPS.

[QUOTE=cholla;2023249]Once UPS took possesstion of the package it became their responsibility.Make a claim with UPS.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that. If I ordered something from SVP (or whoever) here in the UK, and I was able to track it all the way to the delivery van before losing it, then it’s the carrier’s fault.

If you have a tracking number for this missing parcel, I would strongly suggest getting in touch with the courier.

Think of another scenario - if a friend sent off a package to you that you are urgently waiting on, gave you a tracking number for it and the package never arrived, there is little point starting an argument and losing friendship over this person when it is actually the courier’s fault in this case.

However, if NewEgg did not give any tracking details or number, then it becomes their responsibility to trace the package.

Also, you could choose another online vendor instead of Newegg, who also just happens to use UPS for their deliveries. And end up with the same thing all over again…

I take it from this you were able to track the delivery:

…The local hub said the package made it on to the drivers truck, but it somehow disappeared…

I had UPS leave my packages outside in the rain once where anybody could have walked off with them. I called them and really let them have it. Ever since, they knock on my door and if I’m not home they leave a note that they will try again the next day.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2023278]I had UPS leave my packages outside in the rain once where anybody could have walked off with them. I called them and really let them have it. Ever since, they knock on my door and if I’m not home they leave a note that they will try again the next day.[/QUOTE]

Me too, everyone needs FedEx, I leave a note on my door for an expected package to arrive telling them I am hard of hearing and to knock extra loud and long! It works FedEx stayed at my door for over 1 minute pounding on my door! :bigsmile:

Personally, i would chase up newegg. It’s newegg you have the contract with, not the courier. It’s newegg’s responsibility to supply you with the goods you purchased.

[quote=Dee-27;2023701]Personally, i would chase up newegg. It’s newegg you have the contract with, not the courier. It’s newegg’s responsibility to supply you with the goods you purchased.[/quote]Correct! Newegg selected the shipper, so it’s up to them to make good on the order and place any claims against UPS themselves.

Newegg has a toll free phone line. That’s the way to contact them.

Phone Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST Toll Free: (800) 390-1119

fedex or ups just leave it at the door since I still live in an area that you do not have to lock your doors.

Since we don’t have all the fact we better not jump to blame everything on either Newegg or UPS. This is very strange claim not too many people have had trouble in this kind 3 time in 18 months.

[QUOTE=larc919;2024063]Correct! Newegg selected the shipper, so it’s up to them to make good on the order and place any claims against UPS themselves.

Newegg has a toll free phone line. That’s the way to contact them.

Phone Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST Toll Free: (800) 390-1119[/QUOTE]

Actually, with Newegg the customer gets to choose between Fedex or UPS, and with certain items USPS. The chosen carrier is contracted to get the package to the designated location via whatever means are needed (ground, air, water, teleportation :p) in the timeframe chosen by the customer who is given multiple options in that regard.

While I’m here, I’ve placed 22 orders with Newegg in the past 2+ years and all of them have arrived within a reasonable amount of time. All delivered via UPS. Can’t complain a whole lot because several of them had free 3 day shipping included, and a couple of them actually arrived within 24 hours.

UPDATE:

I sent Newegg an email stating that I would call my credit card company (AE) to reverse the payment and file fraud charges against them, which was AE’s idea. Less than two hours later my claim had been resolved and they are shipping my items overnight. I hadn’t heard a peep out of them for 2 weeks prior to my “threat.”

Your credit card company is your friend…sorta.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=i_love_cake;2026162]UPDATE:

Your credit card company is your friend…sorta.:)[/QUOTE]
“Friend” is overrated, but they usually have a high service.
I have ordered lots of stuff from China and when the company ordered thought they could rip me off by sending the wrong stuff over and over again the credit card company promptly replied and refunded all my money.

I have had this same experience with Newegg, only once in at least 50 purchases, but they resolved it in a week, they told me if it was not recieved in 14 business days form the time I ordered, they would replace it, and they did.:iagree:

Glad it’s sorted :clap:

I had a similar experience with an online vendor called Simply Computers, whom I’d used many times before. Called them on the phone when the item didn’t arrive, and they sent out another, no fuss :cool:

I have had so many Newegg orders that ended up with crapola service of some kind using UPS, so I never choose them any more… Only use FedEx for all my Newegg orders now and alls been terrific since.

Don’t know why UPS fricks up Neweggs deliviries, but one order took 14 days to get to me!!! WTF, and Newegg said the same old song & dance… UPS is handling the delivery aspect.

But to Newegg’s credit, they did take off the delivery charges a few times, so at least Newegg stepped up, UPS flat out tells me the package is on time…Period!! :rolleyes: