96x read

ok so I just flashed to firmware vso8 and ir shows read speed 96x am i halucinating or something?pic of properties click here

Windows is wrong.
But it would be nice with 96x (apart from the hurricane-noise :)).

Originally posted by Airhead
Windows is wrong.
But it would be nice with 96x (apart from the hurricane-noise :)).

And hurricane debris…watch out for that CMC fragment!

Kind of gives new meaning to “defragment”…

Just goes to show the great structure of windows XP pro, you have to love microsoft… I think it would be really cool to have an industrial speed centrifuge cd drive though.

Funny you should blame WinXP Pro for the display error. Didn’t you for one sec think about how it was you who flashed the CDRW out of spec and might have damaged the firmware? :eek:

Originally posted by Stoner
Funny you should blame WinXP Pro for the display error. Didn’t you for one sec think about how it was you who flashed the CDRW out of spec and might have damaged the firmware? :eek:

except for one thing, I didnt flash it out of spec I bought a ltr48125w directly off of mwave and flashed it from vs06 to vs08 firmware right off of lite ons website. so flashing out of spec…no, I buy my hardware at spec if i need something faster i will buy it. no reason to possibly ruin good hardware that i can give to a friend if i have the money to buy new when needed.

I could somehow get kill at such speed :wink: right on my neck…

Well as of today it now shows 12x read… but Nero CD speed started @ 22.82 read and went up to around 47 by the graph. So all those who think there is something going on here that warrants a closer look show by a raise of Brows.

What do you all think? Hardware, Firmware, OS, Drivers??? I dont know where to start and I would hate to weed through it all, so if someone has a halfway decent idea let me know.

I’ve got an idea…
Just ignore it :wink:

Originally posted by cmswq3
Just goes to show the great structure of windows XP pro, you have to love microsoft…

The dialog you’ve posted isn’t actually part of Windows XP. It’s integrated in to your shell by EZ CD Cremator or Direct CD.

So, you’re blaming Roxio - not Microsoft :wink:

now it shows 48x… I just love this it is like a magic 8 ball, now all i have to do is assign each number a response and check it whenever i have a life changing decision to make. It should be both fun and interesting.