90 min CD's

I tried for the first time a 90 min CD with my Yamaha 2100e (16x).

When i tried to write data on the CD (with Nero - overburn enabled) it said that there wasn’t enough space on the CD-media.

Also the CDIdentifier program states the media as 10 min instead for 90 min !!!

ATIP: 97m 27s 19f
Disc Manufacturer: Plasmon Data Systems, Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 87.891MB (10m 02s 00f / LBA: 45000)

I’ve read reviews about the Yamaha 2100e and most of them stated that it can read up to 90-95 min CD’s.

Is this a media problem (low quality) or is it just my hardware’s (CD-RW) limitation ?

Originally posted by The_Judas

When i tried to write data on the CD (with Nero - overburn enabled) it said that there wasn’t enough space on the CD-media.

In case if you Nero version is 551050/60015, update it.

Plasmon is not to blame, they’re one of the world leading media manufacturers.

Hard to guess what’s causing issues w/o knowing details.

The version of Nero i got is 5.5.8.2 , because i usually prefer using old software since my PC is old too.

I’ll try a newer version of Nero and see if that helps.

You must also overburn the discs to get 90minutes.

Enable overburning under Expert options under options in nero. Also set the max value to 90 minutes. Then write the disc with Disc-at-once method with finalize CD enabled. Now it will tell you that there is still not enough space, but you should get a pop-up asking if you want to overburn the disc.

Hope that helps.

I upgraded to Nero 6.0.2.3 and everything worked fine - problem solved :slight_smile:

Originally posted by The_Judas

I upgraded to Nero 6.0.2.3 and everything worked fine - problem solved :slight_smile:
I told ya. Gr8 2 know it ! :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
I told ya. Gr8 2 know it ! :wink:

Ok i know you told me , what more do you want , maybe some more praising :bow: :bow:
:wink:

Originally posted by The_Judas

maybe some more praising :bow: :bow: :wink:
You’re so kind. That’s too much. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by The_Judas
Ok i know you told me , what more do you want , maybe some more praising :bow: :bow:
:wink:

90 minute media is still a “rare” item, quality of those discs is not
high, so keep backup(s) on other discs, if you value what you store.

One more question off-topic … does Nero 6.0.2.3 automatically install ASPI v4.7.1 ?
Because i used to have 4.6 version and now i see 4.7.1 installed
:confused:

Originally posted by The_Judas

does Nero 6.0.2.3 automatically install ASPI v4.7.1 ?

Yes, it actually did - WNASPI32.DLL & ASPI32.SYS are now from Nero 60023, i.e. v.4.7.1.

You can use ForceASPI 1.7 ( my sig ) in order to return to status quo ( v.4.60 ), which I did.

Originally posted by Fugitive
90 minute media is still a “rare” item, quality of those discs is not
high, so keep backup(s) on other discs, if you value what you store.

Even with the 90’ disks made by TDK?