9.1.5.7. update confusion

hi,
when I went to update Fab 9 to 9.1.5.7. it put a new Icon on my desktop. dvdFab US.
when I click on it, it wants me to activate.?.little confused here as I have the previous version of Fab9 which works but still is the previous version. 9.1.5.0
when a screen pops up telling me I have old version with new update under it, I click it and tells me new update was installed…[which appears to be this
dvdfab US…Little confused. :confused:

[QUOTE=rago88;2731819]hi,
when I went to update Fab 9 to 9.1.5.7. it put a new Icon on my desktop. dvdFab US.
when I click on it, it wants me to activate.?.little confused here as I have the previous version of Fab9 which works but still is the previous version. 9.1.5.0
when a screen pops up telling me I have old version with new update under it, I click it and tells me new update was installed…[which appears to be this
dvdfab US…Little confused. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Hi Rago, I guess you have been away for a while we have posted many times the reason for this, DVDFAB had to discontinue Bluray decryption in the US , so there are 2 versions the world version which you have up to 9.1.5.0 and the US version without Bluray. This is not their fault, they were taken to court by the ACSS-LA and forbidden to sell their product in the USA.

[QUOTE=rago88;2731819]hi,
dvdfab US…Little confused. :confused:[/QUOTE]

As stated above. What happened is Fab installed a completely separate program with the US limitation. So now you have 2, one which decrypts BD and the new one that doesn’t. If I were you I’d remove the US version for now, then look into how to go about getting the world version if you do actually NEED an update at some point.

ok. I Understand…yes, haven’t been here in a while but was aware of the Fab legal situation.
So I have the BluRay useable world version 9.1.5.0 and a US version which has no BR functions.

I do not use BluRay tools so I assume I could use the US Version[Would I want to?] but when I click on the desktop shortcut for it, it Prompts me to “Activate, try now, or Buy…” Although I am a long time user, does that mean I have to purchase the US Version? and will the US version continue Updates?

[QUOTE=rago88;2731828]ok. I Understand…yes, haven’t been here in a while but was aware of the Fab legal situation.
So I have the BluRay useable world version 9.1.5.0 and a US version which has no BR functions.

I do not use BluRay tools so I assume I could use the US Version[Would I want to?] but when I click on the desktop shortcut for it, it Prompts me to “Activate, try now, or Buy…” Although I am a long time user, does that mean I have to purchase the US Version? and will the US version continue Updates?[/QUOTE]
No just activate it from the Member center at the Fab Website.
http://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm

[QUOTE=alan1476;2731829]No just activate it from the Member center at the Fab Website.
http://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm[/QUOTE]
Ok…
all is good her in Pa…
thanks a bunch for your help//:iagree: