8X media..only burning at 6X

Thanks for your comments boobytrap.
This is what I meant.

1. I am using Maxell 8X media.
    I have burnt 5 discs this way using Burnatonce & Dvd Decryptor (of course this is after my updated firmware to 3.04).
    Using these 2 programs, it only allowed me to select 6X as the max speed.

2. I then tested the same media using Nero.
    Obviously, with Nero, it allwed me to select any speeds all the way up to 16X.
    I burnt a disc at 16X, but noticed that it kept on freezing for a bit. I then burnt another disc at 8X and it plays fine.

Now, I open up Burnatonce & Dvd Decryptor again, and still it only allows me to select up to 6X and nothing higher.

So I’m beginning to think that different programs allow different speeds? LOL Maybe I don’t know nothing.

in ISO Write mode DVD Decrypter ALWAYS shows ALL burning speeds (even those that aren’t possible on DVD recordables) regardless of burner, media, etc.

under settings my drop-down box shows
MAX
1X
2X
2.4X
4X
6X
8X
10X
12X
16X
20X
24X
32X
40X
44X
48X
52X
56X

again, this drop down box shows all these speeds REGARDLESS of the drive and/or media present.

DRPINO’s is right. Do you have dvddecrypter and NERO mixed up? Because you said Dvd decry. only lets you pick up to 6x.
But as he said you can pick whatever speed you want, (even up to 20x or more) regardless of what disc you’re using. But NERO will only allow you to choose the highest the disc allows.
Sorry this isnt going faster but we all need to be on the same page to work this out.