8x dvd+r media on 1008

2 questions…

1.) What 8x dvd+r media has given you the best burns?
2.) Where did you buy it?

8X media that should work very well on this drive:
PRODISCR03
RICOHJPNR02
MCC002

8X media that does NOT work very well on this drive:
RITEKR03
PHILIPSC08

In general from the reviews that I have seen, this drive is a very poor 8X writer. :a

Does this mean you’ve tested them?

only DVD+R 8X i have used so far is VDSPMSAB001(Sky media). They didnt work pre 0758 firmware though, but now that they are supported i have no problems any more with this media.

MCC002 works at 4x only.

Prodisc r03 and ricohjpnr02 should work good. (but that’s about the only two media types I’ve got working at 8x - most other 8x media ends up unreadable when written at 8x in BTC drives).

@aws, actually it was OC-Freak that has tested them!

@OC-Freak, whoops! Made a mistake on that 002 media. Thanks for clarifying for us!

Thanks for the info guys.
Any hot deals going on for RICOHJPNR02 media?

I may order some shortly… I need 8x media for my cousin’s BTC 1008. From what I’ve been reading here JPNR02 seems to be not a bad choice for BTC. It burns JPNR01 pretty well, but only at 4x.

If BTC don’t like JPNR02, I’ll have to burn them all in my 812s ;-)) The problem is that I can’t find enough scans of JPNR02 in the Media tests forum. I don’t even know how 812s will handle this media… Any experience with BTC or Liteons, guys?

P.S. Yeah, I won’t complain if the subj media is TY :slight_smile:

Bulkpaq use the Prodisc ink on their disks at 8X used them with no problem

Hehe :slight_smile: Just got “new post notification”. Now I see that I posted in the wrong thread. No wonder I couldn’t find my post in another thread. Sorry guys :wink:

RICOHJPNR02 does very well on most drives including the 812S.
Great media!

Thanks, wesociety. Actually, I found Liteon branded JPNR02 that came with my 812s. I’ll give it a try. Anyway, I got a bunch of JPNR01 :wink:

I have owned the DRW 1008IM for about 5 months. During this time I have used Memorex 4X DVD+[CMC MAG-F01-000] with no problems. I bought my first 8x media for this burner yesterday. Staples had 8X DVD+R Memorex [DVD+R:RITEK-R03-002] 50pk spindles on sale for $24.95.

What a disappointment these have been! All burns at 8X were toast. When I dropped the burn speed down to 6X they work fine. The BTC website clearly states that this media is supported (http://www.btc.com.tw/english/3-2-1DRW1008IM_dvdr.htm) for firmware version 0159, or newer but that is not the case.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has had consistant success at 8X with any of the other “recommended” 8X media for this burner.

Thanks…

DVD+R 8X CMC MAG E01
DVD+R 8X DAXON az1
DVD+R 8X DT-D03 004
DVD+R 8X INFODISC R20
DVD+R 8X MAXELL 002
DVD+R 8X MBI R04
DVD+R 8X MBI PG101 R04
DVD+R 8X MCC 003
DVD+R 8X MUST 002
DVD+R 8X Prodisc R03
DVD+R 8X RICOHJPN R02
DVD+R 8X YUDEN000T02
DVD+R 8X TDK 002

I have used Ritek Ridata R03 8x and they burn at 8x using firmware 0054. Have burned approx. 30 of these and have not had a single coaster. Drive is master on secondary IDE, ASUS P4P800D motherboard.

i just bought a pack of FujiFilm 8x from best buy. where can i find out if these will work?

thanks

i just got a pack of YUDEN000T02 but have yet to try to burn one.

i’ll try to report back…but i’ve never really been able to figure out how to test them other than just “does it work in my standalone”

Have now burned several PRODISC R03s (Intenso branded) at 8x, which seem to be performing reasonably well. (Firmware 0059) I get some PI failure spikes up to around 30 - 40, but nothing bad enough to make the discs unreadable yet. The averate PI error and failure rates are running around 6 and 0.6 respectively, which compares well to 4x discs.

RICO by Fujifilm. havnet had a problem yet.