8x burn speed is taking 19 hrs to burn dvd

vbimport

ok… before when i burn dvds it takes about 1 hr at 16x. (im using maxell 4.7gb) and when i get the finished product it always skips, freezes and restarts itself after about 25 mins… so i looked up what could be the problem and i got word that i need to burn at a slower speed like 4x or 8x. so i burn at 8x and now it says its 19 hrs remaining…( its still going right now for crying out loud) any help with this. i appreciate it

Hi and Welcome![quote=bboyhops;2109922]ok… before when i burn dvds it takes about 1 hr at 16x.[/quote]This is way too slow. Normally, it takes about 6 minutes for a 16x (max) burn.

any help with this. i appreciate it
Please provide information about the drive you are using, and how it is connected. In case, your drive is external, we also need information about your computer, especially the USB controller (this is normally shown in device manager).

Additional question: is there any processing involved or are the times you stated only for the plain burning process?

Michael

what burn engine are you using? Nero, ImgBurn or another. Try resetting DMA

[QUOTE=mciahel;2109928]Hi and Welcome!This is way too slow. Normally, it takes about 6 minutes for a 16x (max) burn.
Please provide information about the drive you are using, and how it is connected. In case, your drive is external, we also need information about your computer, especially the USB controller (this is normally shown in device manager).

Additional question: is there any processing involved or are the times you stated only for the plain burning process?

Michael[/QUOTE]

ok well the drive i use is external and i use nero 6 edition.
its LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S USB Device… and when its burning it shows 2 different progresses.
Current progress and Total Progress. on CUrrent progress it says around 1hr remaining and on Total Progress it says 19hrs remaining…

oh yea and to include, sometimes when im burning a blank dvd. the movie ends up not getting burned and the dvd is still blank… what could be that problem?

[quote=bboyhops;2109937]ok well the drive i use is external and i use nero 6 edition.
its LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S USB Device… [/quote]It seems as if you don’t use a HiSpeed USB controller. Please provide information about your computer hardware (especially the motherboard) as already requested.
Either your computer is that old that is does not have a HiSpeed USB controller (your only option would then be to buy a PCI USB add-on card (with NEC chipset if possible)) or there is something wrong with your system configuration preventing your USB controllers in HiSpeed mode.

Michael