851S and TDK DVD+R 4x (CMC)

vbimport

I just got a 100pk of this TDK DVD+R 4x media.

It is reported as CMC Magnetics corporation.

DVD Identifier reports:

[DVD+R:CMC MAG-F01-000]

I am using nero 6 to burn, and cannot burn with this media.

The burn button never highlights, its almost like the drive does not recognize the DVD.

I was able to use Kprobe to test write to it at 4x solid.

Any ideas on what is going on? Will a new firmware revision be out soon?

I am using the 0A firmware, which appears to be the latest. Thanks!

Nero version is 6.0.0.19

Sorry, but where is the media info?

At the top of page, there is a button, no. 6…:slight_smile:

BTW, ‘dhc014’ and ‘ala42’ posted some good info here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83380
Update your Nero to 6.3.xx
:smiley:

Upgrade Nero to 6.3.0.2 right away!
Supposedly, prior versions of Nero did not support our LiteOn DVD drives :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by wesociety
Supposedly, prior versions of Nero did not support our LiteOn DVD drives :rolleyes:

@ wesociety, it´s only you ‘supposing’… [I use Nero 5.5.10.54 with my 411, works like charm here…:smiley: ]
And change your sig. to FS0F… :smiley: if you still use this FW.

‘nullvector’, you will find more “info” about your media here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=86379

BTW, GS0A is not a official firmware… hehe

I updated Nero to 6.3, and it worked fine.

The disc worked great, and reads in all my dvd-players.

@nullvector I’m glad to see that the Nero update did the trick :wink:

@pinto2, Yes my sig is currently correct. I’ve been hanging out on the sidelines to view results before modding my 411->811. That will change by the end of the week though as I will be updating to 811 (mk4) and at that time yes I will change my sig :bigsmile:

Also it is not only me ‘supposing’ because Nero 5.5.10.54 and Nero 6.3.0.2 were released at the same time and are equivalent as far as compatibility is concerned. There are 2 versions of Nero currently, the 5.5.x.x version series and the 6.x.x.x series. In order to get the best compatibility with a LiteOn DVDR drive yes you must update to either 6.3.0.2 or 5.5.10.54 and there is no ‘supposing’ involved.:cop:

Originally posted by wesociety
Also it is not only me ‘supposing’ because Nero 5.5.10.54 and Nero 6.3.0.2 were released at the same time and are equivalent as far as compatibility is concerned.
There are 2 versions of Nero currently, the 5.5.x.x version series and the 6.x.x.x series. In order to get the best compatibility with a LiteOn DVDR drive yes you must update to either 6.3.0.2 or 5.5.10.54 and there is no ‘supposing’ involved.

W00t…

Some history. Nero v.5.5.10.54 was released more than 5 (five) months ago.
Nero v.6.3.0.2 -last month… :slight_smile:

Nero 6 has had bugs and problems from the start. Shortly after the release of v.6, Ahead released new patches every week to correct the ‘holes’. From my point of view, Nero v.6 dont have ‘better’ compability than the 5.5.10.xx version and is still bugy. The 5.5 version is more mature and stable.

One thing we all forget is the application delivered with our drives; Sonic RecordNowMax (or -dx). Its origin is in Stomp Record Now, one of the best burning apps I ever used. Record Now 4.5 is in some cases even better than Nero 5.5.10.x series. You can still find the god old ‘Stomp’.
And of couse with full compability regarding Lite-On drives.

BTW wesociety, you didn´t get the point. Your current FW is FS0F and not FSOF, as written in your sig. A zero, not an Oooo. :slight_smile: hehe…

I see, thx for the minute detail correction and for schooling me on the Nero version history :cool:

However in this case, of course we needed to recommend to the user that he update to 6.3.0.2 because he was already using the 6.x Nero series… :wink:

Edit: by the way, I definitely agree with you on the good quality of the Record Now app. I rarely use Nero myself… I stick with RN.