851s and LtnRPC

I’ve used this program to disable the region protection feature of the Liteon drives and I just noticed that the counter keeps counting down whenever I change the region using Device manager in Windows XP. Is this normal or is the program not working properly? Also, whenever I try to change the region using LtnRPC, it says no media is selected and thus it won’t change…is something wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any help! :slight_smile:

LtnRpc can only set the region if region protection is enabled, and only to the region of a dvd in the drive.

If the drive is RPC1 (region protection disabled) the drive’s counter is disabled and Windows ‘invents’ it’s own counter… Ignore it.

Install DvdRegionKiller and play your movies with PowerDvd and you won’t have to worry about regions anymore
:wink:

Hrmm, I sort of get what you’re saying. So basically since I’ve already disabled the Region Protection feature, I should be fine in just playing my DVD’s right? I used to have DVDRegionkiller but I uninstalled it once I found out that I could just use this program that is one click and poof (I just wasn’t sure :p)

So since I’ve disabled the region protection feature using LtnRPC, I can interchange between playing DVD’s from different regions with no problems? thx :slight_smile:

LtnRpc disables the region protection of the drive; RegionKiller disables the region protection that is built in Windows and in the playback software. One is no good without the other, you need both! Also, I really recommend using them in combination with PowerDvd.

If you set RegionKiller to autostart and auto-region you won’t have to touch it anymore.

Hi guys

Ever tried DVD X Player …? :smiley:

No need for any “killers”. :cool:

You ‘forgot’ to mention some 80 killer$$ :eek:

I’m really pissed at people trying to sell you what you have the right for at the first place: Freedom

Originally posted by Mango

I’m really pissed at people trying to sell you what you have the right for at the first place: Freedom

Mango, you are right on thatone… :cool:

ohhhhhhhh I see. thanks a bunch mango! these forums rox! :slight_smile:

BTW, VideoLAN is a region free DVD Player (software) and it’s freeware: http://www.videolan.org/

Originally posted by dhc014
BTW, VideoLAN is a region free DVD Player (software) and it’s freeware: http://www.videolan.org/

That’s great news Dave, thanks!
I have’nt heard of it before and from what I just seen it’s much more than just a DVD playback software and not only it’s an open source freeware but a true omni OS solution.

That’s the spirit! :cool: :cool: :cool:

And it’s even capable of playing more than just DVDs. I was successful with MPEG1, 2 and MPEG4. Even some Quicktime movies could be played back.

ok now I have a totally useless question but it’s more of just a personal thing. Is there any way to reset the Windows countdown of the number of regions you can select? I know I don’t have to worry about it now since I’ve installed DVD Region Killer and LtnRPC, was just wondering! kekekeke!
:bigsmile: